IPCB fader with effects

dignedigne Registered User
Hi,
I’ve a request for the IPCB crossfader on scene
1st, exemple:
When I want to do a strob on a fader I put the strob value of my fixture at 10 Hz and I record it on a scene.
I assign this scene on the fader 2 for example and I go to the options and put the I fader on IPCB crossfader and as I take up the fader the strob moves faster. (To there no problem….)

2nd, the same with Effect size or Rate:
Now I want the same things with effect size or Rate….
I don’t touch the intensity but I just give a “sin” on intensity effect cell and a value to the size and rate of the effect.
I record it to a scene and assign this scene to a fader. I change the I fader to IPCB crossfader for when I take up the fader the size and rate of the effect shall owe moves faster (like strob soon) but no…

I think that it could be interesting to be able to control Rate or size of an effect on a fader as they make it for a strob or rotation of gobo...

Gaël

Comments

• Mike HansonMike Hanson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2007
    This does work I have done it with pan/tilt but not intensity. I will test when I get back to the office.
    For pan/tilt I would grab the fixtures it want to do the effect with and give them a positon value, then apply the effect I wont. Now knock out the pan/tilt info and then save it as a sceen. put it on a fader change it to crossfade IPCB and it works.
    you might try doing the intensity that way. give the fixtures you to do the effect an intensity value and then apply the effect then knock out the intensity info and then store it.
  • dignedigne Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Thanx for your answer Mike,
    I absolutely agree with you. I badly asked my question...
    But is it possible to control rate or size separately (I'd forgotten this word, sorry:trink26: ...) ?
    For exemple :
    I need to do a step chase with effect intensity, I want when my fader is at 10% the intensity gives not much "flash" and this "flash" must be at full each time (size = 100% and rate = 10cycles/min);
    and when I pull up the fader to 100% the intensity gives much more "flash". (Size = 100% and Rate = 90cycles/min)
    In conclusion, I want my fader control only the Rate and not the Size of this effect...

Is it possible?

Sorry for the confusion on my 1st post

Thanx
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Gael,

There isn't currently a way to create a handle that just controls the rate or size of an effect.

When working with IPCB scenes, the fader is crossfading the scene in and out on top of whatever look is on stage. If you have the effect running both on-stage and in the scene and the sizes are the same but the rates are different, then the scene handle will effectively only control the rate.

I hope this helps.
  • dignedigne Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Thanx very much Tom.
    I'd already find this solution and you confirm it.
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited February 2007
    I have been working on this as well. And I noticed the Effects Rate cannot go '0', the minimum is 0,1. Is there a reason for this? I think it is usefull to have a '0' for effects rate. In this way I can make a fader with an effect where only the rate changes when pushing the fader up or bringing it down. Just like size.
    Maybe it would be great if you could seperate the effect-parameters, so you could just store size or rate.

gr.
    Pim
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Pim,

You're certainly correct. It would be very useful to be able to set effects rate to 0. I've logged this as feature request #10473.

Thanks.
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Tom, is it possible to have the IPCB fader trigger a macro that automatically launches the scene (effect), so that the effect isn't taking up a fader, but just the rate of the IPCB fader?

(sorry, not in front of console right now)
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Tom,

Brad also logged to #1105 something about the FX rate.
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited January 2008
    When hitting PLAY of an effect on an IPCB Cuelist, it jumps to the Max value of that effect (ie, Circle Movement in cue 1, Square Movement in cue 2. When hitting play, the cue jumps the Square movement to the highest recorded Rate).

Is it possible to have the Play button jump to the percantage of the fader? That ways a slow circle movement won't jump to a fast Square movement when I still want the motion slow but the effect to change.
  • Juay0004Juay0004 Registered User
    edited December 2010
    deegster wrote: »
    When hitting PLAY of an effect on an IPCB Cuelist, it jumps to the Max value of that effect (ie, Circle Movement in cue 1, Square Movement in cue 2. When hitting play, the cue jumps the Square movement to the highest recorded Rate).

Is it possible to have the Play button jump to the percantage of the fader? That ways a slow circle movement won't jump to a fast Square movement when I still want the motion slow but the effect to change.

Jeremy, check out this post http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?p=51491#post51491.
    Could be what you are looking at.
  • Juay0004Juay0004 Registered User
    edited December 2010