Repair manuals?

DromioDromio Registered User
edited August 2013 in HES Automated Lighting
A long long time ago when I first was trained on Cyberlights I was given a manual that contained instructions for pretty much everything. Step by step guides for replacing/repairing every possible problem on the unit. I lost it years ago and haven't really needed it until now. And I need it badly.

I'm currently floating in the Pacific with a very old and beaten down Studio Spot/Studio Color/Cyberlight/Technobeam rig that has problems of every nature. I haven't torn open alot of these lights in years and step by step instructions would take alot of time out of the process. I went looking around the High End website and I can't seem to find anything. I mean, I found the basic manual but really isn't helpful. Does anyone know/remember the manual I'm talking about and know where I can find it online? Thanks.

Brett

Comments

• joe_hallerjoe_haller Registered User, HES Staff, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2007
    Brett,
    We do not publish any service manuals. We do give out handouts during our fixture training classes that contain some fixture breakdown information. If you have any specific questions regarding fixture repair, feel free to send me an email.
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited February 2007
    I have the manuals. 4 in binders including all back to 1990.:headbang: I also have ver 5 of the service reference on CD. The man file is 134 megs. I can e-mail it to you is your server can handle it zipped @112 megs.

PM me your e-mail I have the file ready to send. With a t-1 line its no problem.

Sometimes being a HES pack rat is a good thing!:D
    edited February 2007
    There are 4 CD's left at HES. Call them to get one. This was stopped a few years ago but I see the need for it to brought back up. Laptops abound around the world, internet does not!:aiwebs_009:
  • dakotadakota Registered User
    edited March 2010
    three years later, would any of these discs still be floating around? I have some studio color 575s's & m's [heh heh s&m] and some Stu-spot cmy's that I recently have been tasked to maintain and/or bring back to life. It would be nice to have info to make sure I don't end up with big ugly paper weights.
  • TheLDTheLD Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Now, how is it that Puffy has the service manuals that don't exist ;-)? :nono: Meant with love towards HES of course.

Maybe they could get scanned and uploaded somewhere (hopefully)?

:poke:
    edited April 2010
    TheLD;45996 said:
    Now, how is it that Puffy has the service manuals that don't exist ;-)? :nono: Meant with love towards HES of course.

Maybe they could get scanned and uploaded somewhere (hopefully)?

:poke:
    Because I've been doing this for a loooooooog time. :D
    In 1991 -2000 Manuals were issued at school and you had to pass tests to get your card. Not that way any more.
    I need to go back to get up to speed on the LED stuff.:dunce:
  • suthdogsuthdog Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Puffyfish;14281 said:
    I have the manuals. 4 in binders including all back to 1990.:headbang: I also have ver 5 of the service reference on CD. The man file is 134 megs. I can e-mail it to you is your server can handle it zipped @112 megs.

PM me your e-mail I have the file ready to send. With a t-1 line its no problem.

Sometimes being a HES pack rat is a good thing!:D
    In similar scenario as the original thread starter. A long time client & old friend recently acquired a number of Trackspots in trade. The majority of these are showing major signs of improper storage, service, age & all-around neglect. Needless to say this is a shame as they really were wonderful units in their day (& still very good IMHO). Their new owner is dead set on restoring them & so I have my work cut out for me. Given the situation, I imagine the material might be of great help.
  • Rohn007Rohn007 Registered User
    edited August 2013
    I will take any service manuals/files that will help me with my cyberlight SV issues. Please send to [EMAIL="rohnmaxey@yahoo.com"]rohnmaxey@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] if still available 6+ years later. Thank You Thank You Thank You.
  • tamvegastamvegas Registered User
    If Puffyfish 14281 is still around or if somepone has a copy of the zipped manuals he had, I would love to get a copy.
    I have a bunch of Studio Spot 575s, StudioColor 575s and studioColor 250s that need contsant service.
    If anyone has these, please PM me.
  • ddingraoddingrao Registered User
    Im sort of in the same boat with you Tamvegas, I have a buttload of studios that are constantly have various issue and having some repair literature would be amazing. If anyone has anything at all on these, (apart from exploded views and the manual) i would greatly appreciate it as well
  • arowland004arowland004 Registered User
    The legend of the invisible service manual... It's 2016, did anyone ever get ahold of these manuals?
  • c-reelc-reel Registered User
    where are you located?
    email me
  • coldnorthcoldnorth Registered User
    I have 8 Intellaspots and need a repair/service manual anybody know where i could find one?
  • kguerinkguerin Registered User
    Have a rig of 20 Cyberlights CX and Turbo's to maintain and would love to get one of those service manuals. I know it's been a while since the first post but anyone knows where I can get one of these?