Parameter wheel path

Hi All

I want to know if there is a way to change to movement side of the parameter wheel (left or right)....i think...or something like that...

I will give example...

I have 2 cues, the first one is all Mac 500 open white and the seconed is all Mac 500 on Red.
*The Red colour on the Mac 500 is in the end of the colour wheel.
So if i playback the cues on Liner path, the Mac will go through all the colour in the colour wheel till it will get to Red.

My question is there a way to change the movment side of the colour wheel so the Red colour will be first, i mean the colour wheel will move left insted of right.

Thanks a lot guys

Amir
Danix.co.il
Israel
  • Amir,

For fixtures which allow you to take the shortest path to a slot (like the MAC500), there should be an option called shortcut mode on the mode slots toolbar. Turning shortcut mode on should force the fixture to take the shortest path when fading between slots. Leaving it off (the default) will leave the behaviour up to the fixture.

I believe that the MAC500 actually allows you to set the default behaviour for slotted wheel changes using the SPEC/SCUT menu option. You may want to check this in the manual and on the fixture.

I hope this helps.
  • Hey Tom

Long time don't talk to you, hope you feel good.

And thanks, i allways wander what this shortcut mode on the mode toolbar do...

I'll go chack that out now

Thanks again

Amir
  • A further add on to what Tom said.

If you are fading the parameter (even with shortcuts on) i.e:
    Cue 1 - 0% = Open white
    Cue 2 - 75% = Red Filter

Then as the console fades from 0% to 75% the colour wheel will go thru all colours between the open and the red. This is because that is what the Light is being told to do by the desk.

For the colour wheel to go straight to the Red going in the opp direction you would have to make this a snap cue.
    This way the light is not being told to go
    0%
    1%
    2%
    3%
    .fading of cue
    74%
    75%

All the light would recive with the snap cue is
    0%
    .no fade
    75%

I've tried to explain as best as I could.......hope you understand me.

Kris.
Related