American DJ DJ Spot 250 + Whole Hog?

Does Whole Hog support this fixture? I'm VERY new to intelligent lighting. Please help.

Thanks,
Dave
  • Hi Dave, welcome to the world intelligent lighting.

You didn't specify if you are using Hog 2 or Hog 3 software.
    I am including a link below to the Fixture List for what is included in the Hog 3 software.
    www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/library/web_table_v4-0-226.html

Below is a link where you can download both the Hog 2 PC and Hog 3 PC software for your computer.
    www.flyingpig.com/support/

Let us know if you have any other question.
  • Dave,

Both the Wholehog 2 and 3 have libraries for the American DJ Accu Spot 250. Is this the fixture you're looking for? If not, we can get libraries written for them or you can write them yourself. Wholehog 2 libraries can be written as text files and merged into shows and Wholehog 3 libraries can be written using the fixture builder tool within the fixture window.

I hope this helps.
  • I've got Hog 3pc. The lights I'm using are American DJ - DJ Spot 250's. I believe they are kind of new. Here's the link.
    www.americandj.com/product.asp?ProductIDNumber=1402&cat=Intelligent_Lighting
    Is it easy to use the fixture builder? I might need a little guidance.
    Also, do you guys know how I can sync up my show with tracks my band is using? We're doing cool versions of Comfortably Numb and Where the Streets Have No Name, and 4 movers would add a lot to them.

Thanks a bunch for the help so far!
  • Dave,

It looks like the DJ Spot 250 is a new fixture and the protocol is different (simpler, actually) than the protocol for the Accu Spot 250.

I've opened enhancement #110395 to request that we get this library added.

It should be fairly simple to build it yourself if you need it immediately. It looks like the protocol is very similar to the first four channels of the Accu Spot protocol (pan / tilt / colour / gobo). The fixture builder allows you to build and modify a copy of an existing fixture, so that is probably the best place to start. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or problems.

With regards to your question about syncing playback to audio, you have a few options. If your audio playback can send out timecode, you can use the learn timing feature of the console to assign timecode values to your individual cues. The cues will then play back automatically when the console receives the appropriate timecode value. Another option would be to just use wait times (which can also be written using learn timing). Wait times just assign timed countdowns to each cue, so you would press the first go and the cuelist would run on its own, but it isn't actually aware of or synchronized to the audio. If audio playback stops, the desk will continue to run cues until you tell it to stop.

I hope this helps.
  • Man, I think I'm over my head. What is enhancement #110395? Also, I accidentally told you guys I have 3. I have 2. If you get a fixture built that I can just import, that would be great!
    This program seems to be amazing, but if you think I'm going to get more headache out of it than use, please let me know of a "dummies" version for me.
    Thank you for being so helpful this far, though! I'll keep checking back and letting you know of my progress.
    Thanks again,
    Dave
  • Dave,

We use a database system for tracking the bugs that need fixing and the new features that we plan to implement. I opened a new request in that database to track the addition of this fixture library into the system. That enhancement will be assigned to Steve, who writes most of our libraries, and should be taken care of in one of our upcoming software releases.
Related