edited January 2007 in Axon
Name:Cormac jackson
Title:Kvm keyboard/Monitor
Date:23 january 2007
Axon Software:v1.3.1.1208
Connected Device's:
1/VGA/PS2 - KVM monitor/keyboard/touchpad
2/Dell monitor

Hi Can anyone give me any idea's on what could be stopping my PS2 keyboard/touchpad not working.

I have a combined KV Monitor/keyboard/Touchpad that i have connected via the CMA DVi port out and the 2 PS/2 connector's on the rear of the axon.
1/With an IPC console in HogIII mode i fully load my show so the axon is getting DMX.
2/Power up axon server with all device's connected.
3/the KVM keyboard and monitor blink and the led's come on briefly,
4/Monitor on the KVM is fine but the keyboard and touchpad don't respond at all.

I've tried another PS/2 keyboard that i use for my IPC and that is working in both PS/2 connectors on the axon and same deal,it blinks during startup but isn't active when axon is up.So i'm taking it the PS/2 connector's on my axon are not currently functioning correctly.
Do i need to turn the PS/2 connector's on the KVM into USB?
Is there way in the BIOS of axon to enable/disable PS/2 connection's or should i open the axon casing and see if all the internal connector's are in place?

Any idea's would be great or if someone could try a PS/2 device on there axon so i can narrow the issue down,i can still plug a usb keyboard mouse in for now but would be nice to resolve.

Regards C

Comments

• schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Cormac,

I may have slightly misunderstood your post, but have you tried plugging a PS/2 keyboard and mouse directly into the Axon? The PS/2 ports are indeed enabled and should be working fine.

I have tried several different models of PS/2 keyboards and mine on the Axon and they have all worked without issue. I also currently have two Axon servers connected with a PS/2 KVM switch and these are working fine.

Do you have a different KVM switch you can try? Also, please determine if the PS/2 ports are working by plugging the keyboard and mouse directly into them, and try a few different type of keyboards if you access to them.

Regards,
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited January 2007
    Hi Matt,
    thank you for the reply.
    I have tried another working PS/2 keyboard plugged directly into the axon and it dosen't work.This is the keyboard i use for my IPC so i know it work's.
    I have tried a USB keyboard into the axon and it does work.

Regards C
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Just as a thought.. did you plug it in while the axon was on?, or before? I know that some motherboards needs to see the keyboard during boot to have it working..
    edited January 2007
    Hi Andres,
    The kvm was plugged in before i powered up the axon,but thank's.
    Do you know Is it possible to convert PS/2 to USB?

Regads C
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited January 2007
    just did a quick google.:
    http://sewelldirect.com/usbtops2.asp
    among others.. Don't know if theese need any drivers though(if so,it wont work with axon).. My guess is that it don't need drivers though..
  • ksaundersksaunders Registered User
    edited January 2007
    cormacjack wrote:
    Hi Matt,
    thank you for the reply.
    I have tried another working PS/2 keyboard plugged directly into the axon and it dosen't work.This is the keyboard i use for my IPC so i know it work's.
    I have tried a USB keyboard into the axon and it does work.

Regards C

Hi Cormac

Having the same problem with my Axon
    it no like PS2 - USB works fine

regs
    K
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Hi guys,

Make sure you are connecting PS2 devices ONLY when the Axon is off. If you plug them in while it is on they will not be recognized until you reboot.
    This is true for all PS2 no matter what your platform.

This is NOT true for USB devices, as they will be recognized shortly after they are connected as long as you have a driver for them.

Cormac - You can indeed purchase PS2-to-USB adapters at most decent electronics stores. Here's a link to one online to give you an idea:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=699613

Hope this helps. :)
    edited January 2007
    Hi Marty,
    hope you've been well.
    I may have this sorted will re-post when i get a moment back near axon/ipc.

Once again thanks for the info regarding the PS/2 > USB connnectors.

C
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2007
    You're welcome as always. Glad to hear you've got it solved.:)