Codecs - Photo / jpeg / timecode
Duration from 6 secs - to about 12 secs

regs
K

Comments

• schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2007
    K,

Here is a link to our content preperation guide from our support website. This has a good amount of information regarding converting files and the settings to use, as well as recommended programs.

http://www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/CreatingCustomContent.asp

Hopefully this is what you are looking for :)
  • ksaundersksaunders Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for the reply Matt

I have seen that link already
    I was more interested in finding out how
    axon users convert the files eg tips and tricks
    other programs / what to watch out for
    will Final cut ? work - how well ?

regs
    K
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2007
    When I had a DL2, I used Mac Compressor for all of my encoding. It worked beautifully as I could batch everything and let the computer process it all over night. Came back the next day and everything was converted.

You can also look here under the DL2 stuff - http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=2010
  • RKHCKPRKHCKP Registered User
    edited January 2007
    another way is to use a mac software, Cleaner. i have been using cleaner6 to convert all my files for usage within our DL2 units. another good software program is using quicktime pro, for $30.00 usd, pretty cool software to quick file converts.

always a will, always a way - but it helps to have money.
  • ksaundersksaunders Registered User
    edited January 2007
    I have quicktime pro but the only export option I have is to mgeg 4 not mpg2 which the axon requires

Any ideas
    regs
    K
  • Leah_DurrettLeah_Durrett Registered User
    edited January 2007
    The program I hear most about for mpeg 2 is Cleaner6. I don't hear of many complaints. I am sure there are others that work just as well. I just hear our Axon and Catalyst users mention Cleaner. It is unfortunate that quicktime pro only converts to mpeg4.
  • trowatrowa Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Am I mistaken when I saw the '.avi' as one of the valid file formats?
    I am hoping/banking to use .avi files when I convert from my Catalyst to Axon servers.

Please correct me if I cannot use .avi files!
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    .avi is not supported in DL.2/Axon. The problem with avi is that it is less of an encoding format and more of a container format that any type of encoding could be used. That's why we currently don't support it, because it is difficult to know what you're going to get inside the file.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    On the PC side of things I've had great results with the TMPGEnc software recommened by HES, but also very good results with both Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and Adobe After Effects 7.0.

The TMPGEnc software is really very nice b/c you can also do your content optimization with it and a full license is only about $100 USD. You can also capture from DVD source with it which has come in handy a few times too.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited March 2007
    Hey Marty,
    any tips when your trying to capture DVD using tmpeg,have the program but only using it to convert to mpeg2.
    Are you using the option to save to your hard drive for better program access to the source file? Are the render settings your using the same as other file formats or should i be looking out for anything.

Regards C
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Hey Cormac,

When you open up the program after you "Start a new project" under "Source" from the right hand toolbar select "source wizard". Select the middle option for DVD from the pop-up window. You can then either point the program to your optical drive (DVD) or to wherever you have the DVD files.

I do typically copy the DVD files directly to my HDD for better read speed than the optical DVD drive. I have 7200 RPM HDDs on my computer. Having enough room on your HDD and plenty 'o RAM is a good thing too.

Then just check your filters, frame speeds, etc, etc as usual.:friday: