Date 9th January
Name Cormac Jackson
Axon Software 1.3.1.1208
DL2 Client software 1.2.3.906
Connected device's
Belkin Keyboard -USB
Belkin Mouse -USB

Hi,
I'm using an axon for the first time and am starting from scratch so my first issue is.
Monitor's can't seem to get anything out of any monitor i plug in to the DVI port for the CMA or other the DVI for the graphic engine.
Have tried VGA>VGA cables and DVI>DVI with adaptors
On an ELO touchscreen i get the high end startup screen and then nothing else,on any other monitor i see nothing.
I have 1 blue LED,1 Green LED,1 Red LED and an intermittent Amber LED on the front panel.

I can see the Axon if i use use my laptop connected and DL-2 client manager and everything seems fine.

Am using an IPC in HOG III mode as control,
with the following and nothing else patched.
1 x DL2 global @1
3 x DL2 graphic @ 36,74,112

Grand master at full,global intensity at full,3 x graphic at 10%.

Any obvious suggestions or help appreciated.
CJ

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2007
    Not having used the Axon, I'm not sure if it's needed or not....

But this sounds AWFUL similar to the DL2 issue when not having a proper IP address from a router.

Check out http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=2999 and see if it sounds familiar.

Is the Axon networked in any way? I would try throwing a DHCP router in the mix and see if that helps. If you don't have a router (and I see you're using a iPC in III mode), try networking the iPC and the Axon with the III being the DHCP server. After the console is up, then turn on the Axon and see if it gets a proper IP from the server.

Just a thought to try....
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited January 2007
    Hi and thank you,
    When you say networked no i'm not using a network, but i am using my laptop as the CMA because i can't get the monitor to work.
    I am not using a router of any type but will try it out.

thanks for your quick reply
    C
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited January 2007
    In my experience with Axon,
    It sounds like some sort of monitor problem,
    I can't quite tell from your post,
    Have you used 2 monitors, one for each output??
    if you don't have a monitor or projector on each output the axon doesn't work correctly.
    It took me a hour or so to figure that one out when I got mine.
    To test mine, I just used 2 15" monitors, and used the DVI to VGA adapters that the Axon came with.
    Hope that helps
    Joshua Wood
    Service Manager
    Ruehling Associates Inc.
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2007
    A couple points.

If you only have one display device connected to the Axon then that will be the 'primary' output which is the graphics output. Unless you are feeding it DMX and have it doing something the screen will remain black.

It's a good thing that the screen always remains black as you wouldn't want to see a Windows desktop if something were to go wrong.

To access the onboard CMA you have to have both display devices connected AT boot time. This is a function of the Video Card and Windows and is something we hope to change in the future.

Another point is that you mention you are using v1.2.3 CMA software on your laptop. You must download and run CMA v1.3.1 to work properly with Axon. It is a very bad idea to mix v1.2 and v1.3 Servers and Clients.

v1.3.1 fixes a huge number of networking issues, including the router issue that was mentioned.

To get graphics output, you'll need to have the Global Intensity at 100% and have the Intensity for the layer you are using at 100%. You also must have the both an Object selected as well as a valid media folder/file to play.

Hope this helps.
    edited January 2007
    Ok thanks,
    I thought you could run the CMA from an external machine as the second monitor,i never had 2 monitor's plugged into the axon at the same time.

Will download CMA v1.3.1 and try again,

Cheers C
    edited January 2007
    You can run the CMA from an external machine for Axon. There are a couple things that are only available on the local monitor for Axon though. The main one being viewing the values for the incoming DMX stream for specific channels.

When running the CMA with Axon you have to be on v1.3.1 though.
    edited January 2007
    Hi Scott
    So do i still need to have 2 monitors pluged into the axon with CMA v1.3.1 on my laptop or can i go with just one on the lower port for the effects?I've read your previous post where you said i did have to have to have both plugged in....trying at the moment but the second monitor keeps going into powersave and all i get on the second is the splash screen briefly and nothing else.
    Kind Regards Cormac
    edited January 2007
    You don't HAVE to have a monitor plugged into the 2nd port if you are using a CMA remotely. The only odd issue without the 2nd monitor plugged in is that the thumbnails for objects won't generate on the CMA. The media files all will...just not the objects.
    edited January 2007
    Thank's Scott,
    it was as you had mentioned the CMA software version that need to be updated.

Cheers C