Manual Sleep Mode

barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
This might have been requested already, but it would be nice to be able to put the console to sleep manually. Maybe I could assign a trackball button to be it...or Pig+trackball button.

One step further would be to have a button that can turn off the desk lamps when needed...like when I'm watching a DVD, without having to hold Open and use a parameter wheel.

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Could we have the same for the designer please!:hogsign::tapedshut:
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Scott,

Surely if you have time to watch a DVD then you have time to hold OPEN and scroll the encoder...:poke:
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2006
    Ha. That's too much work. Actually what I usually do is run some dim leads to the console and rig my own work lights for the desk. Then it's just a simple bump of fader 10 to turn them on or off. Now, what about a manual sleep ability?
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited December 2006
    People who don't use Cool LEDs for Hog Desklight should be shot :fgd:

But if you want....

I would love to design you a very futuristic NEW road box for your console and I'll make sure to install LED desk lights in it.

Anyway... :hijacked:

I can't believe there is post about desk lights that doesn't address the obvious thing intensity factor...

I wish some day, some way, there would actually be a difference between 1% and 100% on the backlight intensity :P

I tell ya what though. How about you Hoggies just keep working on color coded palettes instead and I'll be happy.
    edited December 2006
    Scott,

Manual sleep is a good idea, but not likely to get implemented anytime soon. There are so many other requests that are a higher priority. However you can just go into your preferences and set the backlight time to zero, then press OK. only three or four button presses....
    edited December 2006
    Yeah I thought about that. I realize there are far more important fixes and additions to the Hog software than this idea, but that's all it is, an idea.
    I just thought I'd post it here and leave it at that. I'm sure that the things that are at the top of the 'To Do' list are things that I can't wait to see. Keep up the good work.
    edited December 2006
    No worries Scott.

We love ALL suggestions from users as they provide valuable information and often spur even further ideas. I also enjoy "messing with you" in regards to your requests for comfort features related to the "slow" nature of your business.

I hope you and your family have a great holiday.
    edited December 2006
    Thanks Brad. Happy Holidays to you too.