Cuelist Colour Palette

ksaundersksaunders Registered User
Just started learning hog3 on an iPC coming from Hog 2
I have a chase running O/W on a sub and I want a cuelist with different colour palettes only on another sub - simple on hog 2 - can't get it working on hog 3
Have done the mask colour etc -
regs
kevin

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Kevin,

There are several ways you can accomplish this... can you tell me the process you are trying/used to and then I can suggest what will work best for you.

thanks,
  • ksaundersksaunders Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Hi Brad

What I did was studio beams 1 thru 5 at full record - use color - hit a choose button. All im' trying to do is have a cuelist with say 8 - 10 colors only so I can add whatever color I want to any movement chase programmed in open white
    regs
    K
    edited December 2006
    Kevin,

I created a chase with my fixtures in open white, full intnesity and a position in cue 1, then position only changes in cues 2-6. Then I created another cuelist with only color information for the same fixtures. Now I run the chase and the fixtures begin moving in open white. Then I can press GO on the second list and change the color of the movement chase.

I am not sure what you are doing to have this not work. Feel free to send me a show file to look at. You can upload it at: http://upload.highend.com

thanks,
    edited December 2006
    Whatever I'm doing wrong - when I hit the color only cuelist to change color, the units go to their home position and change color - so there is some king of movement info in there.

K
    edited December 2006
    If you open the first cue of the color cuelist do you see any recorded pan and tilt values? what about if you press the NEXT button on the screen in the view cue window? It sounds like you have accidentally recorded some pan/tilt values in that list.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Kevin,

It definitely sounds like Brad is correct. If your "colour" list is causing your fixtures to go to their home position, then you may have accidentally recorded colour into that cuelist.

You may run into a similar problem because it sounds like you've recorded white colour into your position chase. When the cue with that colour information plays back it will override the colour information coming from your colour cuelist. You could work around this by either not recording open white in your position chases and ballys or by making your colour lists a higher priority than your position cuelists.

I hope this helps.
    edited December 2006
    Hi Tom

No pan / tilt values in color cuelist all there is is Hue / Sat values
    What should the playback options be - assuming I want to run just the color cuelist on top of an o/w chase

K
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited December 2006
    Hi not a big Hog III user but could it be setup.preferance's ,programming,keep parmeter's seperate?

just a thought Cormac
    edited December 2006
    Kevin,

The only thing that you should have to change is to increase the priority of your colour list.

Since your position list is a chase and at least one of the cues has open white colour in it, when that step of the chase runs it will cause the fixtures to go to white if the two cuelists are the same priority.

If you increase the priority of the colour list, your main list will still be able to chase and control position, but it's colour information will never override the colour in your dedicated colour list.

I hope this helps.
    edited December 2006
    Thanks for the help all

especially to Cormac who sorted it

Release on other go was activated in playback options of the chase

regs

K
    edited December 2006
    Kevin,

I'm glad to hear that you have everything working (even though you tried to trick us with your cuelist options :) ).