Network with GB svitch and a speed of file issue

peppepeppe Registered User
edited December 2006 in DL.3/DL.2
To use some DL2´s connected with a switch to our network make the CMA to drop the connection randomly (mac & pc), we have stabile network and seem not to loose any ip´s on the computer, but the connection seems to loose the DL2 randomly.....any ideas? When conntected directly, no problems (but a hazzle to load files in several units)

Also we get speed issues ONLY with the custom content, when using a file it starts in normal speed, then suddenly it starts to speed up to the maximum without any cue ( yes, the content are properly made and are m2v´s), PAL.
Anyone have a hint here?

Comments

• SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Which version software do you have loaded on your DL.2 fixtures and which CMA version are you using?
  • peppepeppe Registered User
    edited December 2006
    It did show up that the speed issue was a personality problem for the MA console´s default speed ( start frame to end, and lopping then from start to next frame), so thats only my stupid swedish brain to blame.......

The latest software on the DL2´s and CMA ( both on the mac & pc), could it be that a 100 switch is so prefer than Giga switch?? I have no 100 switch here to test ( and the show is in this night)

I have manually uploaded the files now so I have no problem, but prefer to
    remote upload the content ( that should be the idea!!))
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Can you confirm which software versions you are using? We just released new software recently that should have addressed the type issues you are describing.
    edited December 2006
    Mac 1.3.1 (1.3.1.135), the pc version I don´t know since I am not able to
    get that machine ( it was on loan from a crewmember just to see if it was related to the Mac version only)

NetGear GigaByte switch, cables ok ( thats the same we used wuth the Catalyst´s)

The gig is done and everything worked well with the DL2´s (4 units)
    edited December 2006
    The pc version was the latest , we did download all apps the 9/12 from the HES website so I think that everythig was the latest.