Great Gig

stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
Hello everybody, I just come back from a gig for Microsoft in Paris where I was pleased to test Hog III 2.0.1 software , It was really a very great pleasure.
Not a bug, not an error all was great.

Thank’s to the Team, you are on the good way. :notworthy:

Steph :headbang:

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Steph,

Thanks for your kind words.
    Do you have any pictures of the show for us?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2006
    No, unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me, but I prepare a beautiful tour which will begin in February and I think that I could have the wholehog III (I will call you about it because i will need lib for spécials motors).

I would send photographs then to you and perhaps a video because I saw the plots and it will be really super.

Thanks Again for all.
    Steph
  • KyleT85KyleT85 Registered User
    edited December 2006
    I setup a hog pc2 i was origionaly going to set up on the hogpc3 but every time i loaded up on a standalone it demanded a network connection, and once i gave it a network connection all it did was freeze up on me all the time and i had to restart constantly, so i run hogpc2 now and it works just fine.

any sugestions for me so i can eventually start running hog3?
    edited December 2006
    First point is to Make a windows clean install. After you have to look if there no trouble with firewall.
    if you look inf forum there is lot of thread about Hog 3 PC.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2006
    Hey Kyle,
    You probably will have better luck by posting in the Hog 3 pc section.
    That being said,
    If you use the loopback adapter, you don't need to have a active network connection.
    here are the instructions for installing the loopback adapter.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839013

As for your crashing problem, you may have to be a bit more descriptive.
    Many of us use hog 3 pc every day and don't see much in the way of crashes...
    Without a bit of information, it is very difficult to figure out your problem.
    Good Luck!

Joshua Wood
    Service Manager
    Ruehling Associates Inc.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Kyle,

As Josh mentioned, we'll probably need some additional details about what problems you were running into.

What version of Hog 3PC are you using?
    What specifically was locking up or freezing? Playback? Programming?
    Was anything still responding?
    Would the system recover on its own, or did you have to restart the application?
    Did you see any error messages?
    What did you see in the Launched Processes window (Setup -> Processes)?

Hog 3PC has been very usable since the v1.4.0 release and has been improving with each release since then. There shouldn't be any reason that we can't help you work through your issues and get up and running.

Thanks.
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Steph,
    Looks like someone took your thread and :Flush: it!

Sorry, I'll call the cops cuz you got :hijacked:

As far as 2.0.1 in a show environment, I'll tell touch on something Tom mentioned. Running a single console during showtime is the best bet. Then using the network features and multiple devices in the programming environment is probably best.

I found that when I actually slow down my button pushes, I only crash about a half dozen times a week since v2. I admit though that when I do my whole network thing, it crashes a bit more haha.

Now I'm just excited about the next gui features that Tom teased me with last Wednesday. If you think v2 is cool, just wait! I'm sure you'll love em too.
    edited December 2006
    Yes I am impatient to see next updates. But if there is a thing I do not have any doubt it is the pleasure which I would have to discover the next versions. 2007 should be a great vintage for Hog III.