USB Wing Enhancements

rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
Here's a few from my wish list for the USB wings:

1) Ability to assign a master as a GM for the wing only
2) Ability to enable/disable the next page/pig/release buttons
3) Ability to ignore anything being output on the wing so that if I select all dimmers and make an adjustment to the values everything that's on the wing is disregarded.

Thanks Ross

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Ross,

Your first 2 requests make sense to me, but I need some clarification on the third.

Are you saying that you want to basically give the playbacks on the wing priority over even the programmer?

I assume they would still be under control of the GM?
    How would they interact with other playbacks on the desk? Could a different playback override them?

Thanks.
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Is expansion an actual plan or are you planning on just getting it to where hog 2 (pc) was?

Ryan
    edited November 2006
    Ryan,

We generally look at Wholehog 2 functionality as a good place for us to get started when we implement features. The Wholehog 2 was an extremely popular console and we want the Wholehog 3 to be intuitive for Wholehog 2 users.

We certainly don't stop working when we can do what the Wholehog 2 was capable of. There are already plenty of areas where the Wholehog 3 exceeds the capabilities of the Wholehog 2.

We've already had discussions about the possibility of wing-master faders and the full-sized expansion wing already has a way to disable the choose buttons and main play controls.
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2006
    Hi Tom,

I guess I'm looking for a way of binding fixtures onto the wing so that the wing still has master control of them but whatever I do on the main console would ignore them. I would need to lock/unlock the wing for this to be of real use. This would fuction as if it was a standalone console with no link to the main desk whilst in this mode.

Thanks Ross
    edited November 2006
    Ross,

One thing that has been suggested is a way to make cuelists and scenes "exclusive".

Any parameter that is being controlled by an exclusive playback can't be controlled by anything else except for another exclusive playback. They will be affected by the grandmaster and inhibitive subs, but not other playbacks or editors.

Does that sound like a step in the right direction for you?
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2006
    Hi Tom that sounds perfect. Selecting a group of fixtures which happen to have values controlled by an exclusive playback and say touching would not capture the values output from the exclusive masters.

Regards,

Ross
    edited November 2006
    Ross,

I've opened feature request #10214 for Exclusive playbacks.

Thanks.