Linear patch

bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
I don’t know if this has been already asked somewhere down the line so here it goes!!!
It would be nice if we could patch let’s say 16 x-spots with one single command. Let put it this way: 1thru @ 1 should get x-spots 1thru 13 patched into Universe 1 and 14 thru 16 patched into universe 2. Since I’m patching linearly it would be a nice tool to get my fixtures patched quicker. One more thing: now we have 4 options for fan. Normal, Start, End, Center. I would like to have another option available let’s say Wings as opposed to Center.

Thanks Marco :hogsign:

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited November 2006
    manual Top of p130:
    When you patch a range of fixtures, the Wholehog III takes the selection
    order into account, so that Fixture 1 Thru 10 @ 1 patches the fixtures starting
    with Fixture 1 and going up in numerical order, while Fixture 10 Thru 1 @ 1
    patches the fixtures starting with Fixture 10 and going down in reverse numerical
    order.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited November 2006
    for question 2 you can have that with grouping by 2 fan option.
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2006
    stephlight wrote:
    manual Top of p130:
    stephlight thanks a lot for reminding that the Hog III takes the selection order into account, thing that we're all aware of.
    What I was asking here is slightly different. Just try to patch a number of fixtures that exceeds the number of channels available in a single universe (i.e. 512) and you’ll probably figure out what I’m talking about and suggesting here.

Second reply you posted. I’m not quite sure if I can get you right but I reckon that’s kind of workaround. I’m just asking a further option for fan that allows users to fan from wings to center, and I know you can get it done whatsoever, as we all know the Hog III is a very flexible desk where your fantasy is the limit itself.
    Thanks Marco
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Marco,

I've added your request for continuous patching to enhancement #9667. We actually have plans to implement an absolute addressing mode like the Wholehog 2 had that would allow you to do this as well.

When you ask for a "wings" fan pattern, are you saying that you want the same "V" fanning as center, but you want the ends to remain in the same position and the center to be the endpoint of the fan?

Thanks.
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2006
    that's exaclty what i'm talking about!!!!!!
    thanks Marco
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Marco,

I've added your comments to enhancement #9329, which had already been opened for this feature request.

Thanks.