releasing WH2 OS

Hi, what do you think?

would it be possible to release wholohog 2 source code for a modification.

I have in my mind to ask some computer wizard to build usb memory stick drive to hog 2 family consoles, but they need to get the source code to fix it to work.

i'm just bored to struggle with disks.

thanks in advance
-pete
  • i'm just gonna make a wild guess here, but i think that is totally out of the question from HES side..

-But that don't meen i'm not gonna comment on the idea..say that they released it, and people(with more or less programming skills) started to make changes to the os adding features etc.. That would kinda kill the idea that i could rent a desk from anywhere and know what i would get.. and not to mention the fact that i will never "trust" a desk that has had it's os re-written.. -even if it where by a genious..

-oh, and i don't think the hog2's have a usb port...
  • I'll second everything that Anders said and also toss in that the motherboard certainly does not have a USB controller on-board and probably can not support one due to its age.

Regards,

Phil
  • Pete,

Both Anders and Phil are correct. Releasing Wholehog 2 source code could cause a couple of potential problems for us. First, we wouldn't want other manufacturers to see how some of the Wholehog 2's powerful features are implemented. Second, it would make it very tough for us to support the console if users ran software that we hadn't developed and tested.

If you are looking for a Wholehog 2 solution that supports USB mass storage devices, I would suggest that you look into the Hog iPC. The Hog iPC would also allow you to transition wo the Wholehog 3 OS, which offers some important new features and is still actively being developed and supported.

Thanks.
Related