Onboard display issue

chrislighthallchrislighthall Registered User
edited November 2006 in DL.3/DL.2
Got a new DL 2 in a few days ago. The onboard display is not outputting correctly. It stays black. The backlight works though. Even trying to access the display options doesn't work (unless I am doing it wrong). Any ideas?

Chris

Comments

• schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Chris,

Two questions:

1) Did you buy this unit from LDI? These units were running beta software at the trade show and we encountered some issues when downgrading the software back to the current release. If this is the case, we can help you fix it fairly easy.

2) When you plug the unit in, do you ever see anything on the LCD display? There should be a High End splash screen that comes up on the screen very early in the booting process. If you are not seeing this, the VIVO (video in/video out) connector on the video card of the computer could have some loose. If this is the case, check to make sure this plug is seated firmly (it is the s-video-like plug going into the video card of the computer).
  • joe_hallerjoe_haller Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2006
    Chris,
    Please inspect the video connection for this display inside the DL2. On the computer housing, you will see the Video in, Video out adaptor (VIVO) plugged in below the DVI cable on the video card.

Check out these links here for a look,

http://www.highend.com/images/dl2supportguide/DL2%20Computer%20Housing%20Assy.jpg

http://www.highend.com/images/dl2supportguide/DL2_VIVO_connection.jpg

You will notice that that adaptor has four plugs on it with two unused. This is normal, you can look at the plugs to detirmine what is used for what. The RCA connector with the arrow facing away from the video card is the one for the display, while the S-video with the arrow going into the card is for the capture function.

Those adaptors come unplugged and will cause the problems you are seeing.

Regards,
    Joe
  • chrislighthallchrislighthall Registered User
    edited November 2006
    We did get this unit from LDI.

I will check the connections as well

Thanks
    Chris
    edited November 2006
    Okay. I did get the Highend display upon boot up. During the homing process the screen showed a prompt. After the light was done homing the screen flickered a little, like it was changing inputs, and then went to black.

Chris
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2006
    I had the same issues with 4 DL2's that my vendor got from LDI. Call Tech Support and they will walk you through what needs to be done. Worked like a charm.

Basically, have ethernet cables, internet connection and an ethernet router ready to go that way you aren't having to call, get instructions, hang up, get setup and then call back.
  • joe_hallerjoe_haller Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2006
    Like Jon said...if these are LDI fixtures you will need to gather those items, then give us a call.

You'll be up and running in no time after that.
    edited November 2006
    No worries. I have to put that on the back burner for a day or so. I will try and get to it before the end of the week.

Chris