Cyberlight Fixed Gobo Wheel

Does anybody have any ideas how to fix the problem of loose fixed gobos. Over time the clasps have lost their strength and now I'm getting light bleed around the gobo. I'm not sure what possible substance to use due to heat and gravity when applying? Any ideas?

A second issue is dealing with haze fluid excess in my Cyber fixtures dripping all over the stage? I've used gaff tape to tape up the gaps which helps a little but if anyone has any tips on this it would help?

Cheers
Craig
  • [quote=soul_deviant]Does anybody have any ideas how to fix the problem of loose fixed gobos. Over time the clasps have lost their strength and now I'm getting light bleed around the gobo. I'm not sure what possible substance to use due to heat and gravity when applying? Any ideas?
    ---------------------------
    How old? If the copper clips are worn out due to Gumbys doing it wrong you might wanna replace the gobo holder or glue down the gobos on the edges with a little RTV clear or if you know how to really work the product you can use hi temp orange. (RTV doe not stick to a wet/oily surface or spit!) Wet cotton swabs a razor knife and tooth picks become your tools.

Gravity? Ooooo my frind you must remove the wheel! You can't do it in the fixture. A 5/16 wrench gets the wheel off the hub for repair.
    ----
    A second issue is dealing with haze fluid excess in my Cyber fixtures dripping all over the stage? I've used gaff tape to tape up the gaps which helps a little but if anyone has any tips on this it would help?
    ---------------------------
    Hows about taking them down for a good cleaning!:eek: :eek: :eek:
    I mean gut the lil grease pits! Get some scrubbing bubbles to clean the hulls of the fixture inside and out. Puddles of fuel in a Cyber is not a good idea and mineral oil is a fuel. Beside your boards can't be to thrilled with their environment either. If theres that much haze in the air your optics must be coated and might account for hazey looks and light going in the wrong places and being emitted. I see this at theme parks a lot, its ugly, gooey, and sick.:chairshot: Bad placement of a hazer/fogger not taking into account a/c and air paths wastes a lot of juice and helps gum up a lot of fixtures rather than see the problem for what it is and relocate the hazers and add fans for direction. Saves money too.:D
    If your running so much haze your fixtures drip adjust the haser placement and fan directions to be more efficient. Add a little bit of regular water based fog do some of the work the is will cut down on the drip if used enough and wisely.
    And finally,.... Can you do with less fog?:dunno:
    ----

---------
    Hope this helps. Not being familar with your venue its all I can do to throw wildcard ideas I have seen in 25 years. Sometimes it's not what you do It's how you do it kinda thing.
  • Cheers Frank, the venue is the main theatre onboard the Golden Princess (6 Yrs old) Which has 32 Cyber lights, I know the cleaning takes a minimum of 2 hours per fixture. I adjust the haze output for the different shows we have, some demand more than others. The hazer position is at LX bar level offstage in perches SL & SR. Aside from fixing them to the LX bars themselves it's kind of the only place. Thanks for all the advice though, I better get started as I have a lot to do. I don't think these fixtures have ever been cleaned !!!! Anyway thanks again
    Craig
  • O my God!:Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: I feel for ya brother!
    I would suggest you keep them in the same posistions as the hang while letting them down and not rolling them over! If you do you might soon be covered in goo! Pockets of greasy slimey Biohazard await. If you tip the units there gonna drip and pour.:nono: Very bad for you and the floor as you become a greased pig in Bioslime. I speak from experence. It sux!:rolleyes: Get some help for when your covered in goo you have little grabbing ability. Rig the units well!
    If it was me I would gut the units pulling it all out on the main sled. This gives you access to everything but it takes 2-3 people to "birth the baby". You must have 1 to hold the mirror end and 2 to guide the main sled out. (transformer gets heavy dont bend the sled!!)
    "scrubbing bubbles" is my prefered cleaner except for glass.

All this brings back bad memories... Yech.

Try some fans and standard fog to reduce the haze.

:beerchug: Cheers! You will deserve it when you are done!
  • anybody know how to fix a bent gobo wheel. it is the fixed one with the cool glued on mosiac filter :koolaid: any ideas?
  • Not really,
    You can try to bend it back, but to be honest I have not had much luck with it.
    They usually are not actually bent, but warped from the heat.
    You may have to replace the wheel.
    Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
Related