Pallet Button sizes and Colors

Okay,
So here's the deal. When I've got a hundred movers, 3 or 4 hundred conventionals, and a half dozen media servers, I end up with literally thousands of pallets. It would be so nice is we could change pallet colors.
Please!
I understand the complexity of this GUI enhancement but trust me! It would make so many people's lives easier.

And why I'm at it, how about having a flexible pallet window.
Some of us want larger text and larger button sizes. Some of us want smaller.

I JUST WANT MORE BUTTONS PER SCREEN
Could we have a feature that allows us to scale the pallet sizes to 8, 10, 12, 15, 16, 20, 24 wide (full window) or 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 wide (half window)
Could we also make this feature such where the button heights could be deceased to 1/3 or 1/2?

How about also (or instead) we have a button that pages down on all windows instead of just the active window?
  • I like htat idea a lot, it kind of goes along with what i posted yesterday aobut being able to make palletes pop . . .
  • There is so much thread about this sobject and really FPS guys, you get to do something with that in the next release, you know how much i love that console but i have every day fight about this sobject to insert colour to palettes, this is one super periority sobject to me and im sure to every other user here.
    The flexible pallet window issue, in the ETC Congo you have the option to do a zoom in and out to the whole directory.

The wholeHog work great, bug here bug there don't change any thing, you must and i say it again, you guys must to take kare the GUI, to mark an active cue, add colour to palettes, ad colour to master bars, ad colour to almost every thing that we can see what we doing, i mean, the Grand Master in DBO, ok so that litle Led start to give me a 5Hz strobe and the little blue DBO apear in the bottum of the square.......why not the all Grand master square become in RED and give me a fast strobe so i can see clearly that the GM on zero!!! and the cuelist appearance is terrible, i mean, how can i know on witch cue i ? how ye... that little arrow...is he there??? why i can't see a big blue line on all of the cue line??

The console is great but...you must do something about that.

Hope i didn't say something no in place.

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
  • I must say one of the things I like most on the console is the clear color schemes which are very friendly on the eyes when you're sitting in front of the console all day long day after day.

I do agree however that the ability to zoom the palete sizes and set a background color to help identify groups of relevent types would be fantastic, a little like you would color label folders in OSX.

Or perhaps there could be an option for an expanding tree style palete arrangement like the slot tool bar?

Just adding my bit!

Ross
  • It's a very simple possibility

Switch to spredsheet mode, and in one column would be the "cell background color" and in another column would be "cell text color"

It's sort of like this cool program I use call MICROSOFT EXCEL or any other spredsheet editor that has been created in the last 20 years.
  • to be honest, i dont even care if its a different color. I would just like name of a button (group, color, etc) to pop from the number. I try to spread my palettes as much as possible, but everything still runs together.
  • Assigning colors to directory items (like palettes) is currently logged as enhancement #6016.

Zooming within directory and spreadsheet windows is currently logged as enhancement #8106.

Both of these are good ideas and would enhance the operator experience, but every day we balance suggestions like these with issues that cause problems on shows. We are working to implement new functionality, but we need to make sure that we still address crashes and problems with existing functionality.

Please understand that the cycle of development, testing, and release is a very involved process that takes time and is well planned. We plan our releases before the development work ever begins and there are specific criteria for moving through the phases of the development cycle. Rarely is anything a quick fix, especially in this case, since we're talking about changes that would affect every spreadsheet and directory window in the console.

Both of these suggestions are very useful. They are both logged and have had specifications written. I will add notes to the requests indicating that you have requested them.

Thanks.
Related