Comment Macros

ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
In Hog II can I GOTO a specified cue in a List with comment macro? For instance:
>L is just a 'GO' on the list
>T is GoTo only on the master.

I'd like to combine these to play cues in a list without bringing it into a fader. I've tried combinations that I thought might work like:
>TL 11/29 (where 11 is the cue and 29 is the list number)
>TL 29/11
>T11 L29
>L29 T11

In Hog 3 it's GL 11/29. Am I just out of Luck in the II world?

Scotty

Comments

• SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited November 2006
    sjh30222 said:

...I'd like to combine these to play cues in a list without bringing it into a fader.

Yes! Could we please change the limits of Goto where I can press (maybe with the following syntax) List xx Goto yy Enter

I also still want on an active command line:
    List xx Goto yy + List nn Goto mm + List ii Goto jj
    to use Goto to run many cues at once on different faders or different cuelists.
  • mikeyraymikeyray Registered User
    edited November 2006
    well you cant do it in acomment macro as such but you could make a macro then go the macro in the comment line or bring up the cue live then actove record it into a new cue then virtual go that cue
    there is many ways to skin a cat
    edited November 2006
    Mike
    I'm looking for the 3 second command line option, not the open list, change page, make a macro, run macro and cue option that takes 20 seconds.
    Literally I want this solution because it is literally the 3 seconds solution.

Personally though I would prefer another type as well where I could press goto choose #, goto choose #, goto choose #, etc for as many cues as I want on a given page with one enter press.

The critical thing though is that I have hundreds of cuelists and I don't just run my show from the faders. When I have my cuelist window up, I can't just quickly choose and goto on a virtual master. Much less multiple vms in one string.
  • mikeyraymikeyray Registered User
    edited November 2006
    it doesnt need to be that long if your constantly using the same bits you could 'Active record' the cue into a new list # then macro that or use a cheap
    24 ch dmx desk into the dmx in and use it as a wing then put your lists there on a template and macro or virtual go them it might take a bit of thought to set the page up but would work either way if its an ongoing thing
    just trying to help
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Scotty,

You are correct. There isn't a way to goto a specific cue on a virtual master using comment macros on the Wholehog 2. The >L comment macro only simulates a Go press and the >T comment macro (goto) will only work for the currently chosen physical master.

The capabilities of Wholehog 2 comment macros aren't going to change, since Wholehog 2 is no longer being developed. Luckily, the syntax you are looking for is already possible with the Wholehog 3.

I hope this helps.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Todd,

You should make your suggestions for changes to Wholehog 3 syntax in the Wholehog 3 Requests and Enhancements forum so that they can be discussed and we can open feature requests accordingly.

Thanks.
    edited November 2006
    :Eyecrazy:
    Yup!
    Duh
    :buttkick:
  • lightkidlightkid Registered User
    edited January 2007
    well... what you could do (if choosing a different list while doing something doesnt matter) is:

c2 (choose master)
    t12 (trigger cue 12)
    c4 (choose last master)

simply put it all in one line like this:

>c2:t12:c4
    and you'll be fine... not as fast as the 3 second solution, but not the 20 second solution neither ;-)

Cheers and hope that helps,

Denis
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited January 2007
    You could always limit each cuelist to one cue or effect, as there are thousands of cuelists availabe in the Hog 2 software. This way you can fire each one with a simple >Lx.

You could come up with a numbering scheme to help organize the lists.