Hog 1000 funky problems...

Last night I was programming for a small corporate show, 12 movers and like 20 desk channels. Had the Hog on a case rolled out to the middle of the floor lining their custom gobos up on the walls. I had been driving everything for about 30 minutes at this point, no problems. I spun the case around 180 degrees to point a different way and apparently a 5 to 3 pin adapter shorted out (at least that's the only thing I can determine happened, as that adapter doesn't work, and a new one does - will test both at the shop tomorrow). DMX was lost to the fixtures. After swapping drive cables back to my opto splitter at the back of the stage, still nothing. Opto splitter has signal light, but it's dim. I plugged the drive cable straight up to one DMX line going up to one truss. Those 6 movers went nuts, all sorts of random things. I clean started the console and hard reset all the fixtures. Now they are talking. I hooked the opto splitter back inline, dim signal light but no DMX to the fixtures again - but no freaking out. I assumed the opto splitter was bad so I just ran to the shop and got another. Same dim signal light, and it also does not pass signal. Further testing today shows that both opto splitters work on another console and do indeed show a much brighter signal light. The opto splitters are Doug Fleenor models, by no means junk!

Also, somehow the desk channels are acting like LTP or something. Stage wash at full, I pressed play on another submaster with only two lights at 30%, no change on the rest. Everything went dark except those two! It's like the cue list was set to release on next go or something, but no such option was set. I started programming with a clean show from the Hog II Library Generator, and I had not set any cue list options at that point. Very strange, and as you can imagine - very annoying!

Lastly, I used to be able to see the offset of a ballyhoo whose offset was fanned among multiple fixtures. The offset changes, but the display only shows zero.

The console is the same as I mentioned in my last thread, probably 8-9 months old now and the lastest build, etc. The sub LCD backlights are still flakey sometimes, I will call service about those as soon as the console has free time to be sent off. Does anyone have any ideas about this other stuff? Are the DMX drivers going out? I got through programming and the show by repatching half the fixtures to the second output to negate the the need for an opto, but I don't always have the luxury. All this is making me very nervous about using the console in general, which is unfortunate because it's the only Hog we have and I LOVE it!

I've got a small show in the morning, then I'm supposed to go 8hrs out of town for a weekend show with this console. I'm debating whether I should go rent something else instead. Thanks in advance, -Michael
Related