updating rate

stephlightstephlight Registered User
it could be interesting to move rate wheel and when you've got the speed you want push update to memorize rate value like pushing choose and turning a wheel parameters.

thanks
steph

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited October 2006
    No comments?
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited October 2006
    i have a feeling they've been busy with ldi..
    edited October 2006
    I think it too, it seems that it was a very good show.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Steph,

Anders is correct. We've all been very busy lately. I'm sorry for the slow response.

Currently, the rate wheel is only implemented to control timing of the cues or scene running on the currently chosen master. I think that your idea could make a good function for one of the buttons above or below the rate wheel, but I see a couple of possible problems.

First, the rate wheel can be moved while a cue or scene is playing. How would you want the timing updated? Do you want the proportion based on the current position of the rate wheel to be applied to all of the times in the cue when the button is pushed?

Second, what if there are multiple (overlapping) cues running when the button is pushed?

Thanks.
    edited November 2006
    Tom,
    the "No comments?" was not only for HES but for evrybody :D, to have other sounds about this idea.

Using
    one of the keys above or below the rate wheel is a good idea.

For the first point, i never use rate wheel for a single cue , but updating
    the proportion based on the current position of the rate wheel to be applied to all of the times in the cue when the button is pushed seems to be a good.

For the second, we could have one of the keys updating the cue currently active in the choosen master, other key
    updating all cues in the choosen master (good for loops and chases), Pig + first key updating the cue currently active in all masters and Pig + second key updating all cues in all masters currently active

I hope this is clear enough, feel free to ask more details
    Thanks
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited November 2006
    I like it and could we add holding down the effect button to chage effect speed.
    edited November 2006
    yes great, or if rate wheel could change automatically rate for effect in cue and pig + rate wheel change size: it could be great.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Good suggestions from everyone. I've added all of them to our specification for improved rate wheel functionality, currently logged as enhancement #6039.

Thanks.