Goto + Timings

foxriderfoxrider Registered User, Hog Beta
Hi, I would like to ask for the command Goto Cue X Time Y Enter and it will run the cue X in time Y. I think this will work very well for theatre shows because sometimes, you just want to skip to a cue in a specific time rather than the original time set in the cuelist.

Eg. Like sneaking a bump cue in 5sec because the stage manager has just missed the cue. And you need that cue because it presets movers and scrollers.

Thank you!!!

Comments

• amir877amir877 Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Well.......................this is the command.

Goto 5 Time 10 Enter

Amir
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited October 2006
    wath should be very useful is an virtual time fader you can move with Iwheel or rate wheel and that you could assign to goto, palette, scenes and so on:headbang:
  • foxriderfoxrider Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2006
    Thnks Amir,
    looks like I have made a fool out of myself by not trying it out first on the desk. Sorry guys.

Like what stephlight had mention, if I could assign timings to palettes, it will be nice for on the fly shows. Eg. Pos 1 Time 5 Enter? To fade for 1 pos to another. I'm not sure if this is already existed.
    edited October 2006
    you can record time in palette but i don't know if time is used if when you call or clear à pallette.
    To clear programmer with time, you can use PIG+clear and for editers if button fade changes is pushed time is used when you update or clear.

i was talking about virtual time fader to assigne a time in live.

hope this will help you
    steph
  • foxriderfoxrider Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2006
    Steph, thanks for replying. I know abt the recording time in palette. It's pig+blind that you are talking about right for the try cue function? I thought pig+clear is to recall the programmer of what you just cleared.

I was hoping for some commands to fade palette changes. Because, when running shows on the fly, sometimes you would want to use a palette with few timings at different moments. A fader to control timings is good too. Can we have both commands and fader??? :D
    edited October 2006
    foxrider wrote:
    I thought pig+clear is to recall the programmer of what you just cleared.
    :nono: that's only on HOG II not on III, now you can recall the programmer using Undo
    foxrider wrote:
    I was hoping for some commands to fade palette changes. Because, when running shows on the fly, sometimes you would want to use a palette with few timings at different moments. A fader to control timings is good too. Can we have both commands and fader??? :D

i think there's already a thread on this, if i can remember FP is workink on something like that.
    edited October 2006
    Sorry i can't find where i seen Pig + clear in manual i just remember it (perhaps it was a dream :confused:) i will tri as soon as possible on hog II PC and Wysiwyg.

Undo after clear don't seems to work on Hog III PC.
    edited October 2006
    pig + clear seems to be one of my dreams but "fade changes" should work or Pig + blind then clear

hope this help
    edited October 2006
    Hey Steph, Pig+Clear is not one of your dreams :-)

Its work on Hog III and II, you should try this sometime.

Amir
    edited October 2006
    so good news but that's not working with Hog III PC v2.0.0 (not with mine perhaps it's special version) and there's nothing about that in Hog III manual so explain how can i "try this sometime" :confused:
    edited October 2006
    I try this right now and it work in my WholeHog III
    Do something, press clear, and then press Pig+Clear
    edited October 2006
    edited October 2006
    i tried with hog pc and wysiwyg pig + blind and "fade changes are OK but pig + clear is out
    edited October 2006
    O.k. lets try this one more time, cuz its work fine in my WholeHog III.

Open the Programmer window, press group 1 (or any group) @ full and add some position, then press Clear, and after that press Pig+Clear.

Now you can see in the Programmer window that every thing came back.

Amir
    edited October 2006
    perhaps thats ok on hog III but not on hog III PC like undo

steph
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited October 2006
    :hijacked: :offtopic: :hijacked:
    Do you think we can talk Brad into typing up a manual for all of us Hog 3 know-it-alls who are too stubborn and too cocky to actually read the full manual version?
    :rtfm:
    HES could call it "know-it-all's manual". :banana:

It would be 10 pages and make no sense to anyone who hasn't been wasting away in the forum. :Flush:

It doesn't need grapics or examples, just key presses and commands that we all use after we've hit our heads and said "duh! I remember that."
    :hitwithrock:
    edited October 2006
    Hello
    Just have a look at page 365 of manual there's no Pig + clear
    Pig + clear should be a fast way to clear in time as blind + clear
    I am entirely ok for a "know-it-all's manual" with all importante
    sentences as "The basic structure is: Source, Mask, Command, Options, Destination."

@+
    steph
    edited October 2006
    Steph,

Pig+Clear on the WholeHog III do exactly what the Pig+Clear on the WholeHog II do, its regenerate the last time you press clear, the Pig+Clear function is not a way to do Pig+Blind, not in the H3 and the H2 also.
    I chack this on the Hog PC3 and you right, its not work on the PC, but its work perfect on the WholeHog III Console, WholeHog II Console and a Jands Hog 500 (i know cuz i have all of them).

Amir
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Yes a manual that hits on the most common forum questions and support calls would be cool. I have read the manual several times and often refer to if as a refresher but it h as taken severl forum conversations and phone calls to understand intricate timing and grouping/budding.
    edited October 2006
    amir877 wrote:
    Steph,

Pig+Clear on the WholeHog III do exactly what the Pig+Clear on the WholeHog II do, its regenerate the last time you press clear, the Pig+Clear function is not a way to do Pig+Blind, not in the H3 and the H2 also.
    I chack this on the Hog PC3 and you right, its not work on the PC, but its work perfect on the WholeHog III Console, WholeHog II Console and a Jands Hog 500 (i know cuz i have all of them).

Amir

I surely badly expressed myself, I know that the foction pig + clear is the same one as on Hog 2, but I wanted to say that it would have been very good to keep same philosophy for the pig + blind and the pig + clear: using fade time
    Then perhaps we could have clear to clear with fade time and clear + clear to clear in 0s

I hope that this is more comprehensible
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited October 2006
    stephlight wrote:
    ...I wanted to say that it would have been very good to keep same philosophy for the pig + blind and the pig + clear: using fade time...

HELL YES! I totally agree now that you make sense.:headbang:
    edited October 2006
    Ye Steph, nice idea, i agree to

Keep on

Amir