Merge Patch?

RomanRoman Registered User
Hi Guys,

thought this would be possible but doesn't seems to be?
I wanted to merge a patch. But i found nothing to do !?
So please give it to us:hogsign:

And what's about the release page option? I find this would be a great tool .

Best regards Roman

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Roman,

We have enhancement #4354 open where we're discussing the requirements for merging patch data into an existing show. I've added your comments to this feature request.

Can you explain what you mean by a "release page" option? Do you just want a way to release all scenes and lists that are attached to physical masters on the current page?

Thanks.
  • Mike HansonMike Hanson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Under the User preferences there is a (MISC) that is wear you will find the page changge options. The default is (release all) just like the Hog2 did. The 2nd is (holdover if active) just like the Hog 2, and a new Hog 3 feature is (Leave in background). This allows you the have 10 cuelist running on 1 page and then change to a different page and now have 10 new cuelist to play and the previous page will still be playing in the background. Then when you go back to the 1st page you can still play them.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Is there a way to release just the culist that are running in the background?
  • RomanRoman Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Hi Tom,

Release Page:
    For example,
    if programming heads or scanns on page 1 (physical masters) and conventials on page 2 I allways choose "holdover if active" but if I want to release all conventials and no inteligents light I must press choose release for every master.

Do you know what I mean?

Best regards Roman
    edited October 2006
    Lee,

Holding the List button and pressing Release should release all cuelists that are running as virtual masters.
    edited October 2006
    Roman,

What would you think of a Page+Release combination that would release all playbacks that are attached to masters on the current page (or held-over), but would not release virtual lists? I can see how this would be useful and would be glad to log it as a feature request.
    edited October 2006
    Hi Tom,
    you are right!!!:headbang:

Thanks Roman

:hogsign:
    edited October 2006
    Also cool would be a Syntax Page X Release
    where X is a number. e.g. if I want to release only page 3

" Page 3 Release"

And:

When working with the Page Directory: To hold down the Page X Button on the touchscreen and press Release.

What do you think about that Tom?

Best Regards Roman
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Roman wrote:
    Also
    When working with the Page Directory: To hold down the Page X Button on the touchscreen and press Release.

I like these ideas, but for this to work you would have to have Guard enabled in your Page directory. Otherwise as soon as you touch a selection you will jump to that Page before you can hit Release.

I personally wouldn't want to make it so that a page shift happens once your finger leaves the touchscreen. If I need to jump to a page out of order, then I need to get there FAST!;)
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited October 2006
    I think it would work best by pressing the page button, not anything in the page directory at least to release the current page. Other pages should require the "page # release" syntax.