GoTo option with Back

Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
It would be awesome if we could assign the "Back" button on any master to function like a GoTo (previous cue ##) as an option.

This way all fades, delays, comment macros, etc. would function with a "Back" command as opposed to GoTo ### Enter for an adjacent cue.

Just another way to get at things faster:D

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Marty,

I've opened enhancement #10062 for your request and I've added your comments to the enhancement. We already have a Back option for controls. I think the best way to get what you're looking for would be to have a setting that tells Back to use the cue time instead of the Back time for the cuelist.

Thanks.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Thanks Tom.
    teerickson wrote:
    I think the best way to get what you're looking for would be to have a setting that tells Back to use the cue time instead of the Back time for the cuelist.

Yes this is essentially what I am asking for, but I would also want any Comment Macros to fire as well (they currently don't when executing a Back)
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Sometimes I use back timing on a list and sometimes I want the back timing to be specific for a cue. I would love it if there were a way to ceate a comment where I could tell the console that a "back" press would trigger cue timing. Unfortunately though I don't always want the "back" timing to be universally cue timing.
    Is there away when we could have a "back timing = X, default, default*, or X*?
    Where the * means allow exception comments.
    edited October 2006
    Marty,

I agree with you about having the ability to fire comment macros. Since this is slightly different than the timing issue, I've opened enhancement #10119 for this request.

Thanks.
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited October 2006
    What if there were a checkbox/button, next to release timing in the cuelist options, that said something like 'Use cue time' ?

PG
    edited November 2006
    Phil,

I agree completely. I'll quote the comment that I added to enhancement #10062 in our bug database:

"I think the best way to implement this would be to add an option to our existing "Back" control that would allow us to use the cue time instead of the Back Time specified for the cuelist."

This option would be placed on the cuelist options tabs that allow you to customize cuelist controls.

I think the same is also true for the comment macro firing option. A simple checkbox could determine whether comment macros are fired for each control type.