Macro Suggestion

SKennySKenny Registered User
I think it would be nice to have a GoCue (GC) macro, Example I have A very large Main Cuelist but occasionally i use other Cuelist to make new parts in the show that i dont want in the Main but just once in a event.
So if i want te jump to that list i can say RL1:CM3:GM3 and This list will go. But if i want to jump back I can't say RL3:CM1:GM1 because the master is in the last position where i released it and i want to start for example in Cue 531 So if there would be a (GC) i can make it RL3:CM1:GC531.

Hope to here from you.

Sincerely Skenny

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Skenny,

You can specify a cue number to go to when using either the Go List (GL) or Go Master (GM) comment macros.

The Syntax is:

GM [Master #] / [Cue #]

For Example,

GM5/12

will goto cue 12 on master 5.

I hope this helps.
  • SKennySKenny Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Thanks this will help a lot.
  • Frankv1234Frankv1234 Registered User
    edited October 2006
    i would like to request the marco {press clear}. just to make sure if you are running a live show and want to go back to your basic cue to release everything from the editor

Greetings

Frank
  • Akito.HAkito.H Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2006
    Please add {press Blind} too.

Thanks,
    Akito
    edited October 2006
    Frank & Akito,

I think that macros for Clear and Blind would be handled best once we implement keystroke macros that allow you to record key presses into a macro. This functionality will allow you to create macros with sequences of keypresses that can then be triggered when you wish.
  • Frankv1234Frankv1234 Registered User
    edited October 2006
    where are you waiting for ????? :) :D
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited October 2006
    One thing that is very annoying is when I trigger cues on a released list or master where the tracking show cue 1 state before cross-fading to the actual cue I want.
    For example with LEDs. Since LEDs are extremely fast, when I trigger GL97/25 or GM4/25, I see List 97 cue 1 "NC All Full" instantaneously before I see cue 25 "PK/AM/BL 2".
    Since the console is supposed to be tracking through, I can understand why intensity is tracking from cue 1 since this is the only cue where I have intensity programmed in up to this point. What I don't understand is why the color snaps white first before transitioning to cue 25 when I actually want the fade to be from cue 24 look to cue 25 when I GL97/25.

My workaround has been a half cue between 24 and 25 which is a 0% cue and another GL97 macro. This sucks though because it means I have to put link cues below 24 which link to 25 and when I decide to step backward by hitting pause, I trigger the blackout cue by mistake and not cue 24.
    edited October 2006
    Frank,

If you're asking why we haven't implemented keystroke macros yet it's becase it's a very large project and we've been focusing our work in other areas of the project. Our last few releases have focused almost entirely on performance and stability. We've made large improvements in these areas and while we still have some projects happening to continue this effort, we are now beginning to look towards implementing some new features.
    edited October 2006
    Todd,

The entire state should be calculated at one time when you run a cue, whether it is using the play button, a goto command, or a comment macro. If you are having problems with LEDs bumping to white before crossfading into the proper colour, I would assume it is because the LEDs are changing which colour space they are in (HS / RGB / CMY). In some instances (particularly changing into the HS space) this can cause your fixtures to turn white before fading. The primary reason for this is because the HS colour space doesn't include all of the colours in the RGB or CMY spaces. There is always a way to calculate a CMY or RGB value from a HS value, but the opposite isn't always true.

I hope this helps.