Whole hog 3 console shutdown without warning... HELP..

rmilrmil Registered User
hi...

i have a problem with my whole hog 3 console... it shutdown itself without any warning i try to restart the console but no response on the screen no interface, until now dont know what to do please help...

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited September 2006
    [I am in no way diagnosing your problem...just putting my experience]

It almost sounds like a hard drive failure. I had something similar happen when my hard drive went out. It didn't shut down unexpectedly, but it refused to boot when I started things back up. You might be able to resurrect it by trying a full ISO install of the current software release and then reloading your show. It's worth a shot....
  • dkayserdkayser Registered User, HES Staff
    edited September 2006
    Support is available by phone. Here is the link to support page with all of the phone numbers.

http://www.highend.com/support/technical_support/
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2006
    It sounds like you probably have some type of hardware failure. Jon may be correct that it's the hard drive, or if the console won't power on at all it could be a power supply problem.

You should definitely get in touch with our support department (if you haven't already). They're available 24 hours a day by phone or you can email support@flyingpig.com.

I hope this helps.
  • rmilrmil Registered User
    edited September 2006
    sir tom,

i buy new hard disk and install it in the whole hog, and boot on the cd are succesfull ive seen the logo on both screen and an options come up, i choose "full install" then "yes" enter, then the screen goes blank without any indicator that is installing, my question sir, is that normal and how long i have to wait to install?

thank you
    -ramil
    edited September 2006
    Ramil,

With a brand new hard drive, the console will need to format the drive and there will be very little indication of activity during this time. The console should show the blue Wholehog 3 logos on the screens during this time. Once the partition and format have completed, you should see CD activity as the operating system and Wholehog 3 application are loaded off of the CD. When starting with a blank drive, this process could certainly take 15-20 minutes.

I hope this helps.
  • rmilrmil Registered User
    edited September 2006
    sir, thank you for reply, i wait 2 hours for that process but, still theres no activity on cd rom and on the console, then i open the power supply behind the console seems like theres a burned transistor on the "GUT PSU DISTRIBUTION" what does it mean?
    Please advice on what we can do to properly diagnose or possibly repair the unit.

Thank you and good day!

-Ramil
    edited September 2006
    Ramil,

For a hardware problem like this you will need to get in touch with our support department using the contact information above. They are available to help you 24 hours every day.