More viewable resolution needed in CMY

Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
Working with DL.2 a lot recently has led to some frustration that we cannot view the full set of 0>255 values in CMY.

Right now we can see 0>100%, but for example when setting up a DL.2 collage 1% on the Magenta (or Mod2) could be one of many grid cells in the collage. Or for that matter simply the Cyan (Mod2) to select which collage array is to be used.

This makes it almost impossible to create cues in blind or set up palletes offline for this stuff. The only pain-in-the-rear workaround I've found is to find out what DMX channel I'm working with and view the value in the DMX values window. This is FAR from ideal.:aiwebs_007:

So maybe we can have something like 0.2% or 10.3% displayed to get those other values in there. PLEASE!:D

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Marty,

This is an interesting dilema you have pointed out. In order for the color picker and other color functions to work, we have to define the CMY portion of the Dl.2. However I can see where this causes the problem you describe. I will look into this and see what type of solution we can come up with.

thanks,
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Hey Brad.

Any updates on this:06:
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Marty,

Steve is currently working on some library changes to address this. We're trying to find the best way to:
    a) allow 0>255 control of CMY channels when they are being used to control effect modifiers
    b) maintain the ability to clone standard CMY values between the DL2 and other fixtures
    c) not break compatibility with existing shows

We'll let you know as soon as we have something ready to test.

Thanks.
    edited February 2007
    Cool.:cool:

No small task on Steve's part to be sure!

Thanks for the update Tom.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Marty,

I was actually testing a new lib with these changes today. We should have it available for all very soon.
    edited March 2007
    Loving the new "Discrete" vs. "Percent" options on FX2 Mods 1>3 for DL.2 in v2.1 ...I assume we'll be seeing this for CMY as well soon too?:cool:
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Marty,

The CMY channels require a bit more work to get them to behave properly without breaking existing show files. Steve is still working on this and we'll post a library that you can test with as soon as we have one available.

Thanks.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I'm also really interesting (and not alone) by this point, I lost lot of time today to find where was the problem with collage, I find after that it was the collage grid value that was not good, but I couldn’t see it in output window.

Thanks
    edited March 2007
    Yep....but let's give Steve and the guys some time to get this done properly...it's a lot harder than it sounds b/c any changes made affect ALL the other fixture that use CMY color model....i.e. -just about everything.:eek:

You won't get any proper feedback using FX #1 unless you have a DMX chart and look at the DMX processing window to get the actual value going to those channels....a total pain....which everyone understands.

For now, I've been doing my collages on Global FX#2 to take advantage of the "Discrete" values in the new library profile for FX#2 Modifiers.:)
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Yep....but let's give Steve and the guys some time to get this done properly

Of course, I agry with you. That's better to wait to have the best ;)
    edited November 2007
    Thought I'd give this a "bump" and see where the development for Discrete and Percent modes on CMY stands...I find myself running into more and more problems with this and DL.2s.
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2011
    Just saw this- Trying to deal with the collage generator and having the same issue. Any advise or was anything ever made final with this?
    edited June 2011
    We now have "discrete" vs. "percent" on the other (x4) FX modes @ the Global Layer.....I tend to do all my Collage FX in FX-5.

Hope this helps. :)
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2011
    I saw that; I just did it on fx 2, and it worked perfectly. I will admit I RTFM a few times plus played iwth all sorts of options before just thinking it would work on another effect layer (never tried it before so I thought it was specific to effect 1)