Poorly Hog 3

inthe128inthe128 Registered User, Hog Beta
Hi All, Just sent this problem to High End, but maybe as all the Americans are behind us in Europe, they are all be still in bed. Got a Hog 3 and the blighter won't start up. Goes to probing disks and then hangs in the screensaver window. I wonder if there is a button press and hold while powering up to get it to er... windows safe mode type thing or perhaps I could make a boot disk. Anyway care to guess?

Andy P

Comments

• MarkScottMarkScott Registered User
    edited August 2006
    I will bet you a dollar that your Hard drive has gone bad. You will need to replace it and reload all your shows
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2006
    Andy,

I would recommend trying to do a full clean install using the CD image that came with the console. If that fails, then it is possible that you have a hardward problem and you should get in touch with our support department.

support@flyingpig.com
    http://www.highend.com/contactus/customer_support/

I hope this helps.
  • inthe128inthe128 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2006
    The problem ended up being a screw that holds the screen in, when tighten made the cursor go crazy, untighten the screw it seems fine. The desk not starting was solved with a clean install, that desk is in Norway doing a show. I am in Denmark at another festival with a 3 and a playback wing, that has got the latest release in and apart from a dodgy fader it seems to be working okay. We start tonight, so I will be knowing a lot more in 4 days time. Tom as you posted on the lightnetwork, I would be happy to give you my thoughts is a few days time, can you give me your email address? Right off to change a fader, which I know to be better than doing the same job on a Hog 2:sad:

Andy
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2006
    I'm glad to hear that everything is working well. It would probably be a good idea to get in touch with support to talk about the screen problem.

I replied to your post on the LightNetwork, but my email address and phone number are in my signature here as well, so feel free to contact me when you have some time to chat.

Thanks.