FIXTURE ORDER

Hi,

what do you think about a feature to sort the fixtures order for i.e the output views in the patch fixture window?

when the fixturebuttons are unlocked and drag and drop ordered by mouse
the order will be generated by the console for all concerning views.
at the moment it just brings the selected fixtures on top.

so from my point of view this would be a very cool feature...

also this would solve alot of the view and viewrecall problems.

---------------------------------------

robert gurk
  • Robert,

I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking for.

We have a couple of problems with how fixtures are arranged and sorted when in compact view, but when compact is turned off you shouldn't be having problems.

The output window spreadsheet has aggregation turned on by default, and the window is set to sort by fixture type. Each fixture type will have a black bar header above its section that tells you the fixture type and fixtures should be ordered by user number within each section. If you want to change the order of the types on the screen, you can right-click on the header bar for a fixture type and choose raise priority or lower priority. If you want to sort (and group) by a different value, you can right-click on the black header bar and choose sort.

Can you explain a bit more about what you're asking for?

Thanks.
  • hi tom,

you are right with compact view dissabled.

the aggregation and order is working fine when compact view is off.

what i am asking for is to define the fixtureorder right in the patch.

the buttons in the fixture window can be able to sort.
    this order is then used for the generation off all views.

so it would make no difference wheter compact view is on or off.

also i just prefer the compact mode...

------------------------------

robert gurk
  • Since we can assign user numbers to fixtures, it would be GREAT to see them auto sort in EVERY type of view. Also, selection order should default to user number order. For example, if I select fixture 1, and continue to hit "Next" it should continue to step through in user number order. If 1 thru 10 are Spots, 11 thru 20 are washes, 21 thru 30 are LEDs, for some reason, when I get to 10 the "Next" could be 21, and then 11 comes after 30. Does this have something to do with the order in which the fixture types were added into the patch? It has nothing to do with selection order in a group, because I can start clean with "1" being the only thing selected.
Related