LENS TOOL FOR X-SPOT

PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
edited January 2008 in HES Automated Lighting
Heres the link http://www.micro-tools.com/store/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=T-132-346
Special thanks to Zod!:headbang:
Mine are going on 6 years old and man do they look like crap.:eek:

Now all we need is the procedure properly posted here with a few photos.... hint.. hint. I'm sure someone has a digital camera at the factory.

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited August 2006
    AWESOME!!! Many thanks:beerchug:
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    I would love this procedure ... mine are starting to look more like a diffusion lens than a spot .. arg! I have the spanner wrench but don't wanna screw it up or scratch the lens if i do it wrong. Any help would be great!!!
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited January 2008
    I have been using this tool for a while now, although I have found a bunch of xspot lenses that won't come apart, at least, I can't seem to get them apart...
    some of them are super tight...
    Hey Puffy, Any suggestions?
    Joshua Wood
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Woodj32177 wrote:
    I have found a bunch of xspot lenses that won't come apart, at least, I can't seem to get them apart...
    some of them are super tight...

Take the whole lens tube out of the fixture and secure it in a vice with padding to protect the tube...this way you know it won't wiggle on you!:D
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    I'll give it a try in the morning. At least if I break 'em, I can get new ones =)
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited January 2008
    so thats what i need in order to take my xspot lens apart to get all the junk out of it to get rid of that nasty white ring?
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Its almost too flimsy. I had to modify mine. That was awkward, so I had a machine shop make one to my design that would engage all of the slot and allow torque. The others prongs are too small and the whole unit wants to twist.