Fade time for linking to a chase

Let say I have a simple few step intensity chase cuelist. It is triggered from a cue in my main cuelist using macros. In that cue, I wanted the fade time to be 3secs including the chase to fade up slowly but still keeping the speed and the 0% crossfade.

I was thinking if there will be an option for assigning a fade time to a chase.
  • You can do that to,

In the cuelist window you can set the Assert time so you can set it to 10 second and the chase will fade by 10 second and press Go.

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
  • [quote=amir877]You can do that to,

In the cuelist window you can set the Assert time so you can set it to 10 second and the chase will fade by 10 second and press Go.

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel

Hi Amir,

[INDENT]could you explain yourself again because I do not understand the last part of your reply "and press Go". Do you mean just by setting the assert time for the chase cuelist, the chase will fade up by 10secs when the main cuelist sends a macro to trigger my chase cuelist? Without a desk and lights in front of me, I tried to visualise through Hog3 PC output but it does not show me any results. Thanks.
    [/INDENT]
  • O.k. i probably don't understand right what you ask for,

What you want to do is the chaser start run and the Int will go in fade, so...right now you can't do this on the WholeHog III cus he don't have a Macro comand that say "FM10/100/5" (Fade Master 10 to Full in 5 seconds), the fading Macro is cuting macro and not a timing macro, and the Hog don't have motorized Fader so he can't do that (Vector-1, WholeHog.......1244?! :poke:)

But if you really really want to do that and you have a minute spare, you can do an additional cuelist, a Blank cuelist, record 10 blank cue's into a cuelist and give them Macros.

For example:

1 - FM10/10:GL#(The # of the chaser cuelist)
    2 - FM10/20
    3 - FM10/30
    4 - FM10/40
    5 - FM10/50
    6 - FM10/60
    7 - FM10/70
    8 - FM10/80
    9 - FM10/90
    10 - FM10/100

And now you need to give those cue's a wait time for the speed you want the fade will take until the chase get to full.

For example:
    - wait time of 0.5s to cue 2>10, the chase fade in 5 seconds
    - wait time of 0.2s to cue 2>10, the chase fade in 2 seconds

another thing, set this cuelist to "Reset on release" so he can back to the bigining when you release it.

Now the only thing you need to do is to set a Macro comand in the main cuelist to triger the macro cuelist that triger the chaser cuelist...:)
    And every time you want to fade anothe chaser you just need to copy this cuelist and change the Master #.

I sent you the Macro comands for that cuelist, see attach.

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
  • Thanks Amir,

that makes sense as a work around. Due to the fact that I didn't assign the chaser cuelist to any master because I had a lot of different chaser cuelists for the show. That's why I was wondering if there can be an option added where you can set the fade time for a chase cuelist or somehow set the chase cuelist to follow the fade time of the cue in the main cuelist, if it is triggered by macro.
  • What we need is a macro command that implements a fade time on a certain master. That way, I can set my assert time to zero and my release time to zero and just run the fade time macro. This is especially true since I will trigger cuelists that are assigned to other pages and don't have that gift of a virtual master with a default intensity at full.
  • Todd,

The original specification called for a timing option for comment macros that would support this.

The sytax is the comment macro followed by a t and then the time in seconds:

FM4/75t2

This hasn't been implemented yet, but we're tracking this request in enhancement #4528.
  • Tom,
    That's actually fantastic. Furthermore, macro delays would also be a valuable asset.
    My current solution for macro delays is to go to the cuelist where I target a macro and insert a blank cue above it an a follow time on the cue equal to the delay I need. This has been a quick "dirty" fix but not great if the list I'm running is a list I step though. Then I have to add a link cue above the delay and link it to the actual cue. This all gets extraneous.
Related