Best thing for cleaning units I've found

SCRUBBING BUBBLES! Hands down the best cleaner for moving lights and consoles I have ever found.

Wont remove paint
Wont remove silk screened words on consoles!!!
Disolves skin marks on surfaces.
Cleans fader tops all the way down to the little white marks.
Cleans the outsides and insides of all fixture shells like crazy! (and leaves them smelling fresh!)
Smoke, gunk, it all goes away.

Tracspots and technobeams that are filthy.
1. Remove the guts. Using a brush and air clean and set aside.
2. Once removed, cover the pan/tilt motor wires.
3. Spray the entire fixture inside and out in a sink with scrubbing bubbles. Give it 5 min to soak in. Apply hot water from the spigot or spray hose.
4. Without getting water on the mirror motors or wires wash the units out.
5. Clean the mirror areas by hand. Towell dry the entire shell.
6. Carefully go back to the guts you set aside and clean the fan, the dicros and gobos. (this is the only way to get at a technobeam fan, its gotta be gutted.)
7. Re-assemble and test unit.

You will freak at the amount of nicotene and crud that will turn brown and go down the drain. You now have a clean unit that dosent stink and have a dull yellow look to it. It even smells nice! Works great on those front covers too. Even the decals look new.:D

I use this method all the time. My clents go nuts when I return the units looking fresh and new. I started this years ago when I had a bunch of units out with the 'Insane Clown Possy'. Even 25' in the air FAGO cola was everywhere everynight.:eek:

The factory crew might wanna add a few do's and dont's.:feedback:
This method also works on Cybers and I-beams.
Related