Prefs w/ good wheelsets

Okey Dokey folks,
It seems as if I've been asked a lot lately for preferences files that have a more logical wheelset order. So I'm making my own personal prefs available to anyone who wants them. I use two different settings, one for programming (PGM) and one for actual show runs (RUN).

Make sure to read the Readme.txt file BEFORE you use these files!

So here we go...URL is at the end of this post.

I've incorporated the DL-2 wheelsets that are already posted on the FPS site into my preferences files.

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!

WARNING!!
I can not and will not take responsibility for any and all damages these files may cause to your show!

Make sure you have backed-up ALL show data both on external and internal media!!
I STRONGLY encourage you to Export pre-existing prefs so you can restore them if this causes you problems.

You will have to restore any changes you made prior to any Imports!!
Importing preferences is NOT REVERSABLE!!
You CANNOT "Undo" Imports without a prior copy of your prefs!
If you don't know what you're doing...DO NOT DO THIS!!

www.retinalresonance.com/H3prefs.html

:friday:
  • Hey Marty,

- The Run preference are amazing, my preference are almost like this but i set the Brightness and the Gamma to full so i be able to use this beautiful Dark view during Programing, for me its more effective to program with a White letters on Black background then a Black letters on a white background, i can't see nothing when the background is white!!!

- The Wheelset for the Mac2k's are better then the default, nice work Marty! :notworthy:

- I don't understand why you abort the "Show cue numbers" in the "Misc" section, i think this is very useful thing during the show, for example: if you want to "GoTo.." some cue and you need to see this cue number, but...only my point of view.

- Nice idea with the up left trackball button set to "Select all", i usualy set this button to "Back", Thanks, i wroth to myself.

- No offence but i think the timing default is to fast, the fixtures can do such an amazing thing by crossfading cues even if you don't mean to do that.

Good work Marty, i will wait to the "2007 Marty Postma Preference" :headbang:

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
  • Thanks Amir.:)

Glad people are finding these useful.

As I mention in my notes included with these, not everyone is going to love every setting in the prefs. I encourage people to modify these to suit their own style;)

I like the white background when programming b/c it gets difficult to see some of the colors when using editors. I find the dark view better for RUN mode so my eyes don't have to adjust as much from looking @ the screen to the performace area.

I lose the cue ##s when in RUN b/c I am typically looking at a cuelist window somewhere so I can get the Cue# from there if I need to do a GoTo and this leaves more room for the text labels in the cuelist ledgers.

Typically I build Speed palletes and lists of some sort (MSpeed is Global Time under Beam on H3 w/ HES fixtures) to control how fast things happen as opposed to being tied to the default timings in prefs. Although occasionally I will enable "Fade Changes" in the Programmer and adjust the default timings to suit the situation. The trick for me is to remember to reverse all this when I'm done:dunce:

Like I mentioned before, this is just my personal style and certainly not the only way to do things.:hogsign:
  • OK OK ALREADY!!! SHEEEESH!!:)

Here is v2 of my Preference files....of most importance is the addition of SHOWGUN parameters to the wheelsets.

All the same warnings apply so READ THE "Readme.txt" FIRST as well as my initial post in this thread!

www.retinalresonance.com/H3prefs.html

You're welcome!:hogsign:
Related