Kepping them off when they're starting up

I was wondering if there was a way to start up a fixture on a rig without having it strike it's lamp (I wouldn't be able to get to it to do the hold down "menu" and "enter" button to bypass the homing and striking of the fixture). Here is my situation: I'm doing a show where there is a distro on the ground with a five wire running up to the truss to a small motion labs distro that has (2) DL-1's, (4) Studio Spot 250's and (1) Color Power for my 12 Color Commands on the rig. Since the breakers for each circuit is on the distro in the rig, I can only turn on and off that 5 wire running it from the ground. Well, I know that for a majority of the time I'll be concentrating on my automated lighting and I would prefer not to strike and burn the lamps in the DL-1's when I'll only be working on the other automated lights on that circuit. So I was wondering if I was already sending a "Shutdown" command to the DL-1 when I power up that circuit, will it not even strike the lamp or would it strike then shutdown or ?????? Is there a better way to do this?
Related