lack of prism in studio spots

PatchPatch Registered User
edited July 2006 in HES Automated Lighting
I am in the process of trying to convince the right people where i work to put a large amount of money into buying some studio spot CMY's. But one of the directors brought to my attention that this fixture does not have a prism. I was wondering why isn't there a prism in these fixtures? and could one be added to a fixture? Thanks.

Comments

• RomanRoman Registered User
    edited July 2006
    You can simply take the prism from the x-spot (3-face or 5-face) and change it with every gobo built in the spot.

Hope this helps,

best regards Roman
  • PatchPatch Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Sweet. Thanks for the idea. where do you think i could get a 3 face prism for a studio spot.
    Thanks for the reply.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited July 2006
    You can order form any HES dealer I'm sure.

If you are buying these fixtures new, typically it's cheaper to have HES pre-load them with the patterns you want in the gobo wheels than buying them yourself and then loading them.:cool:

Additionally I would recommend putting any Prisms into Gobo Wheel #2 on the Studio Spot fixtures since this wheel is located phsically closer to the lens.:)
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Marty is correct.:439: Gobo wh 2 or the FX wheel depending on what you call it is the correct place. Sadly, HES prisims in that unit and most others dont do a lot. To really work they need to be on the end, so I just deal with it. Small price to pay for a better fixture.:headbang: