dimmer check

kfc469kfc469 Registered User
edited November 2006 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
is there anyway to do a dimmer check in the hog 3 system? i need a way to check individual dimmers without patching them. if this is not a feature, does anyone know of a workaround?

thanks,
kevin

Comments

• ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited July 2006
    GRrr... this is not a feature..

Hovewer, It's already on the vishlist..
    What i usually do as a workaround is(practically limitided to how many universes you have free on your dp's).. make a new fixture with fixturebuilder, one intensity channel, and name it test.. and then i just put 512 of those on a free universe.. of cource you need to replug your dmx line when you need to test, but atleast it works.. or if you have a dmx merger, you could use it in htp mode on the "original" and "test" universe if you don't wan't to replug your line..
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2006
    Kevin,

DMX Test is already logged as feature request #4098. I've added your comments to the enhancement.

Thanks.
  • captnstewbngcaptnstewbng Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Tom,

Is there an ETA for the dimmer check feature?

It's almost the only thing keeping me from swearing off all other consoles.

Much Thanks,
    Kerry Brandon
    Technical Director, Jim Rouse Theater
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Kerry,

At this time we do not have a timeline for the dimmer check feature, but it is an often requested feature so it is higher on our list than other requests.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Kerry,

To second what Brad said:

The dimmer check / DMX test feature has been logged, but it has not yet been targeted to a specific software release. It happens to be on the short list of features that the Wholehog 2 had, but the Wholehog 3 does not, so it's certainly a priority for us.