Custom Naming

This has been touched upon before (specifiacally in the library requests) but here goes. I understand about the way libraries need to be constructed, as as a result certain fixtures - like Pulsar Chromabanks and Thomas Pixellines have their effects sections mapped as Macros (which appear as slots). So instead of 'white strobe' you get 'fourteen' or whatever.

In an ideal world there would be another layer that allows a user to construct their own labels (especially with media servers like Catalyst) - The 3 is aware of the true reference, your own comments merely piggyback on top of it. This however is probably a major chunk of work as it involves a core piece of code fundamental to how the console works (I guess). I assume the reason the Chromabanks and Pixelines etc have the numbered slots is for much the same reason.

However, is there a way to create an 'Automenu' for the functions? They can appear however they need to on the slot, it just would be helpful to not have to go through each function individually every time and create a pallette giving it a useful name.

Cheers,

Pryderi
Related