fixture update for hog2

rolfullirolfulli Registered User
Hi everyone,
I just tried to add some new fixtures onto my hog2 by using the fixture library on the homepage, but I can not add the fixtures to my library in the desk without loosing my show. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way of adding the fixtures to the desks library, so I can execute a cold reset and the new fixtures are still there?
Thanks very much for the info
rolfulli

Comments

• MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited June 2006
    Hello, the ROM Library Download page downloads a show onto your PC with the fixtures selected on the web page included. It is not a software or fixture update for the console's ROM library.
    End users cannot add or delete fixtures from the console's ROM library.

If you want to add fixtures from the web site to an existing show, you will need to copy and paste them into your current show on a PC. A link is below on how to do this.

http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog2/technotes/

Select Adding New Libraries for the tech note.

Mitch
  • rolfullirolfulli Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Thanks for the info, I think this will help.
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited August 2006
    Can we have a file everyone contributes to to make the fixture list from hell and have that file available here on the net with a weekly/ monthly update.

The fixture files available are way behind or out dated. I'm speaking of Hog 500 and up.:hogsign: My 1k's may be a few years old but I do expect support to keep them updated.:headbang: In this way the users can help solve this head banger. Files can be submitted and checked for evil before release/ addition to the master file. New stuff comes out every day. In 4 weeks some poor HOG op will need the file for a corp show and the local suppler just bought 40 new elation lights and wants to use them.

Just an Idea I had while havin a margarita a bit ago. Ok I had 2...:friday: it's still a good idea.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2006
    Frank,

That's a great idea, but the problem is that the Wholehog 2 ROM library size is limited by the ROM size on the desk, so it wouldn't be possible to continue adding fixtures without removing existing fixtures.
  • eqrunnereqrunner Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Well Flyingpig does have the page where you can download new lib's

http://www.flyingpig.com/hog2libgen/

But in responce to Puffyfish, I agree, there should be a page where users can submit custom built lib's to share with every one else. If you like me, spending 4 hrs to build a correct lib file for very old Martin 1220 CMYR HMI fixtures would save the next person a lot of time who also, for some dumb reason still has old version 1220's lying around they want to use
  • lightkidlightkid Registered User
    edited May 2007
    eqrunner said:

But in responce to Puffyfish, I agree, there should be a page where users can submit custom built lib's to share with every one else. If you like me, spending 4 hrs to build a correct lib file for very old Martin 1220 CMYR HMI fixtures would save the next person a lot of time who also, for some dumb reason still has old version 1220's lying around they want to use

I will add such a section on my homepage within the next one or two weeks.

Cheers, Denis Hessberger