Show state button in Editor

GertjanGertjan Registered User
I'm a little annoyed by the fact that the show state button always defaults too ON after closing an editor window.
I would like to see it as a toggle or something you can change in the preferences.
It would be very convenient if it stayed off until the user switches it back on again. That way I don't have to push the button every time I open an editor window (I’m usually not interested in the state only in the contents of the cue)

Regards,

Gertjan Houben
[FONT="]Moving Lights Support[/FONT]
gertjan@showside.com

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Gertjan,

I understand your request, and I don't totally disagree with you.

However, don't forget that value information in the cue you are viewing shows up as different colors from the values that are tracking through.

So it is really very easy to differentiate between "new" values and tracking values.
  • GertjanGertjan Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Hi Marty,

I agree that you can clearly see the difference, the thing is that on most show I do there are a lot of lights involved.
    When editing a cue that only changes a couple of lights, I don't have to see what the rest of them is doing.
    To me it's an overkill of information. I don't want anything to change, it's a good option, I just what it to stay off when I want it too.

Gertjan
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2006
    Gertjan,

Feature request #5696 discusses the implementation of a preferences option that would allow you to control the default behaviour of the show state button. I've added your comments to this enhancement.

Thanks.