Designer remote for Hog3!?

hyperionhyperion Registered User
Is there any possibility to use an PDA as remote controle for a Hog3 console? Or can anybody give me another possibility to use a remote control for the console (like for the Hog2, but wireless)?

Thanks and Regards,
Jens

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Not yet you have to wait hog 3 console software version 1.4 to have link between hog console, ipc and hog pc.
  • hyperionhyperion Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Is there any plan for a PDA based remote control or any other special terminal equipment (like Hog2)? What about the big Extension Wing?
  • CRBatchelorCRBatchelor Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Why not just run Hog PC on a tablet PC once they release v1.4?
  • BillyOBillyO Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Why not just run Hog PC on a tablet PC once they release v1.4?

That's my plan.
    edited June 2006
    Because mostly the production requirements includes a PDA based remote controle (like grandMA remote). On the other hand I have a laptop which I usually use on the FOH and I bought a very expensive PDA with WiFi. So why should I also buy a expensive tablet PC too!?
  • pbeasleypbeasley Registered User
    edited June 2006
    hyperion wrote:
    So why should I also buy a expensive tablet PC too!?
    Did you ever purchase a HogII remote? The Tablet would be cheap by comparison...

Just a thought. ;)

-Paul
    edited June 2006
    No, I never did because the HogII remote wasn't wireless. I think it would be better for me when I can use my existing equipment (PDA) and only have to install a software instead of buying a tablet PC specially to use with a Hog3 system. Or am I the only user who would like to work with a PDA?

Regards
    -Jens

Regards,
    -Jens
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited June 2006
    I think there already a thread about using a wifi notebooke as remote.
  • aphylotusaphylotus Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Yes the notebook or tablet is okay but nhaaaaa not really. It's to big, you need to hands. While for example putting GEL's in PARs or focusing static lights, it is not usefull when being on the rigg. If a small pda could be used, you have it in your pocket, on standby, keylock on. simply take it, press next, and back into the pocket.

That's how I would like to use it ? (I also mentioned it in the other thread)

I never used the MA PDA, but as what I've heard, it should do exactly this trick
    edited June 2006
    And if High End would work on a "Hog3 on PDA" system, they also could prepare a new Handshake version for the newer generation of PDAs... ;o)

Where can I find the other thread?

-Jens
    edited June 2006
    Hi Jens,

the other thread can be found here : http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=2160

Cheers,

Tom
  • fragglefraggle Registered User
    edited July 2006
    I've been using Hog3 PC with a super widget on my laptop, then running a VNC session and connecting my PDA to it wirelessly to provide this sort of remote, obviously you need to have a super-widget until we get the unified 1.4 version of console software.

If you need the details of how to set this up , drop me line.

F.
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited July 2006
    I'd be very interested in knowing how to do this if you'd like to share the details
    Thanks
    Eric
    edited July 2006
    I'm also interested how to do this. In which way I can see the informations of the desk on the PDA if I run a VNC session with my laptop? The PDA have no Hog user interface in this case, isn't it!?

Thanks
    Jens
    edited July 2006
    I think, the interface is not very good to work with using this way.

I had this setup quite a time ago , but 95% of the time you are scrolling on the pda to get the right part of the hog3PC interface, and it is not really usefull when being on stage and wanting to do some adjustments.

Tom