Window controll lock on H3PC

ahelgorahelgor Registered User
I'm not shure if this has been discussed before, but..

It would be nice to have a "lock" to lock the Windows window controll buttons becouse it's quite easy to hit them by accsident if you have touchscreens, and want to close a hog window.. Or even better, the same window "mode" as in hog2pc when you rightclick the windows..

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2006
    Anders,

I thought that this had already been logged, but I couldn't find it in our bug database, so I've opened enhancement #9562 requesting the ability to lock the size and position of the Hog 3PC screen windows.

We already have a right-click menu option to lock the position of the front panel. I was thinking it might make the most sense to just change this option so that it affects all windows. Personally, I don't think I would need separate control of the front panel and screen windows. What do you think?
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited June 2006
    yes, i think youre right, we don't need seperate control.. but the more i think about it, i would really like the "Hog2pc right click in window" function more than a "lock" on the window control buttons.. then i both get more realestate,and the Windows Hog3 header line will be gone, and with it the close/minimize/maxsimize buttons, that are really irritating to hit by accident when operating hog3pc's top toolbars..
    I can't tell the numbers i've accidentially hit the close software button, when trying to close a pallette etc. ;-)
  • pbeasleypbeasley Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Just to be difficult, I vote for keeping locks on windows and front panel seperate.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited June 2006
    I vote for the right click option from hog 2pc. It is very easy to use and fuctions quite well.
  • tfprodtfprod Registered User
    edited June 2006
    I vote for right click and more screen space. I to keep accidently closeing hog3pc when trying to close a window.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2006
    Paul,

I've added your comment to enhancement #9562.

Given the fact that we have a right-click menu, it probably isn't feasible to just implement right-click as the method for locking windows. It will probably have to be an option on the menu. I can certainly request that we try to emulate the Hog 2PC functionality where the window border and control buttons are hidden when the window is locked. I've also added this request to enhancement #9562.

Thanks.
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Yes, that will be great! It doesn't matter if i'll need to go into a menu to do this, becouse this is something that i would turn on, and never off, ;-)