How to use DL.2 by ArtNet?

Hi All.
I'm trying DL.2 by Grand MA's ArtNet port.
I have not find setting about ArtNet at CMA and DL.2.
I have find only setting of DMX512 or Art-Net,Art-Net Subnet and Art-Net Universe.
I think need more setting IP address of DL.2.
But I had success control to DL.2 by Ether-Lynx.
It's connect Grand MA's DMX port to Ether-Lynx thru DL.2.

Go Takahashi
  • Hi Go,

Currently there are no settings in the DL2 that allow you to set IP addresses. We have thought about this in the past, but at the moment we fear it will cause more issues than it helps to solve. We are hoping that in the next few software releases we can fix the issue with CMA communication not working when running a router with no WAN connection. This will allow you to assign IP addresses to the DL2s through the router and allow for full Art-Net functionality.
  • The main issue is that the GrandMA does not have a DHCP Server built into it, nor does it allow you to change the IP range that Artnet is transmitted on.

The solution that has been used successfully in the past for working around this issue is to use a router set to the same subnet that GrandMA puts ArtNet out on so that the DL.2 will grab an IP address from that range since the console lacks DHCP functionality.

You do have to be careful about how you use a router on the network as there are an issue with some of them communicating between the CMA and the DL.2 when there is no WAN connection to the router. We have seen this issue resolved when using Linksys routers with their latest firmware release, but your mileage may vary.