Fixture Builder

does anyone know how i can build a fixture with parameters that have my own names instead of the preprogrammed names in the fixture builder. I found the "ReplaceMe" button under the control but it doesn't seem to be replaced.
  • SKenny,

Due to the generic nature of the fixture library, it is not currently possible for you to custom name parameters in the Fixture Builder.

The "ReplaceMe" item that you found is just a simple placeholder from development.

thanks,
  • But is it going to be implemented or do we have to send in a request for parameter names, so you can put them in the builder. Or is it possible we can send in fixture so you can make it and send it back.
  • The fixture builder doesn't support all of the features of our library model. It is designed to allow users to make libraries that they need immediately that will allow basic control over most fixtures. It does not support some of the more intensive functionality that is required for a full fixture profiles that take advantage of the library system. It is almost always best to have us build libraries for you, if possible.

The names of functions and features are defined in the library model and we add to those lists as necessary. The fixture model makes all of the function and feature names currently used available, but you cannot add your own parameters to the list. The parameter model is actually rather complex because each function can have subsets of features, each feature can have a specific unit type (slots, degrees, rpm, %, etc.), we can define how to handle crossfades, and we can define which parameters are mutually exclusive. By having us create the libraries you need, we can implement all of the functionality for the fixture, we can make that library available from our Hog3 Library Downloader and we can include that fixture in our full libraries.

If you have libraries that you currently need, feel free to post those requests in our Wholehog 3 Library Requests forum. Any information you can provide about what mode(s) you need to use and the proper DMX protocol is always appreciated.

I hope this helps answer your questions.
    Thanks.
Related