Some general things

O.k. so...

1) The parameter "pan" don't allways work in the TrackBall.

2) The "Flip" option is not correct

3) The "Track Beckward" in the record option don't work, why?

4) Why the Choose Led indicator don't move to the Fader that im record on it? for example: Choose Fader 3 > program somthing > Record Choose to Fader 10 > Choose still on Fader 3. why?

5) What is the "Input Focus Tree" window ? (Pig+Open+3)

6) Why the "Speed Wheel" ( the wheel that loke like the I-wheel in the left of the console neer the GM ) effect only on the choosen master ???
I want that wheel effect on all the outpot not only on the choosen master, i want it to effect on the Virtual CL + Masters + Scenes on every thing in the same time.

7) Why i can't change the EFX Time (Fade, Delay) from the Time button?
For example: Effect Time 4 Enter, Effect Time Time 6 Enter.

8) The Record Selected button not on "3D" mode like the others

9) The Mac 500 Gobo 2 Slot Bar is not correct.

Amm...thats all, Thanks :)

Amir
Danix.co.il
Israel
  • [quote=amir877]
    1) The parameter "pan" don't allways work in the TrackBall.
    Workaround for this - if it gets "stuck" (no pan) cycle the Highlight button once.
  • Amir,

1) Is there any repeatable way for you to get the console into a state where panning using the trackball doesn't work?

2) What's wrong with Flip? It works well with the moving heads I have here in the lab. What fixtures are you working with?

3) What's wrong with Track Backwards. I can get it to work without problems.
    For Example:
    Cue 1 - 1 @ Full
    Cue 2 - 2 @ Full
    Cue 3 - 3 @ Full
    1 @ 80 Enter
    Record Track Backwards 3 Enter
    This will track the new level for fixture 1 back into cue 1 and not record it into cue 3.

4) You can use the choose key for a record operation without actually changing the currently chosen master. This gives you a quick way of recording to a list without affecting a different list that is being played with the main playback controls.

5) The input focus tree window is one of the tools we can use when debugging to determine which window and process within the Hog3 application is receiving input commands. It's of no use in a show environment.

6) The Rate wheel by design only affects the chosen master. If you can give me more details about how you would like it to function I can open a feature request for you. If you want it to affect everything we would probably need to add a preferences option for this.

7) Effect time not working from the command line is currently logged as Bug #4924.

8) I'm not sure why the Selected button on the More toolbar is coming up flat. It should probably default to being up. I'll check with our GUI developer and get a defect opened for this issue.

9) If you can give me some details about what's wrong with the MAC500 Gobo 2 slot toolbar, I'm sure we can get it resolved.

Thanks.
  • Thanks for your time Tom,

1) the track ball don't give me "pan" allmost every time i choose a fixture

2) We use mainly Martin Heads (2k's, 500, 600) on the 2k's the Flip is very good but for the 500/600 is not very correct.

3) When i choose "Track Backward" from the record option the Hog say that it is not yet implament.

4) I understand no. 4 but you need to do a preferences option for this

5) Amm....o.k.

6) The Rate wheel don't give me nothing if it effect only on the choosen master if i have a CMacro to other CL or Scene or if i fire a VM from the screen, i want the rate wheel will effect on the all outpot and not only on the choosen master.
    and if posibal, i want it to take effect on the EFX engine rate during Playback.

7) nice...

8) I chack today, it flat. haha...

9) The Slot Bar for the Gobo wheel is not correct, if i choose "Cone" the Mac give me "Dots" and so on...i think maybe it because im on Gobo scroll mode but....:dunno:

Thank you Tom

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
  • Amir,

1) I haven't seen any problems using the trackball for position lately, but I have some fixtures and some visualizers hooked up here, so I'll take a look at this today.

2) Is Flip not working at all, or is it just coming up a bit off? When we create our fixture profiles, we usually use information about the pan and tilt ranges. If this information is incorrect then 90° on the Hog doesn't represent 90° on the fixture and your Flip positions can be incorrect.

3) When you are using track backwards, you need to record into an existing cue. You are telling the console to look back through your cuelist and update levels and parameters in earlier cues, so you cannot specify a new cue. The message you are probably seeing is "Insert with track backwards is unsupported".

4) I'd be curious to see if anyone else thinks it would be useful to have a preferences option to have masters actually be chosen when you do a "Record Choose". As I mentioned before, we currently don't do this to protect any list that may be operated from the main controls.

6) I've opened enhancement #9520 to request a preference for the rate wheel to control all active playbacks. I've added your comments to the request.

8) I've opened defect #9521 for the issue with the Selected button defaulting to a flat state on the More Record Options toolbar. This shouldn't affect your use of the console in any way, it appears to be a minor cosmetic issue.

9) I don't have a MAC500 here, but I'll compare the fixture profile to the DMX protocol. Are you using mode 2 or mode 4 gobo scroll?

Thanks.
  • Tom, i can send you the Show file and you will see about the Trackball "Pan" issue, the pan stand still on 0' degrees must of the times.

You right about the Track Backward, i understand now. Thanks.

The Choose issue help for example, if you record a CL and you want to see that CL window in front of you every time you record a cue to see what going on in it.

And about the Mac 500, if you don't have some of them, i can send you the Show file with all my 24 Mac 500, and you can save them to yourself, i hate them some much !!! i work with the S.Color/Spot they so Hot comper to the Mac 500/600.

Tom, Thanks about the other things, exactly what i mean to, thanks.

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
  • I vote no on #4. I think adding this as a preference is not worth the trade off on software development time. It also changes something that most if not all hog operators are used to. If I understand correctly, using Record, Choose, Choose would get to the same place. You could also open the cuelist or fader in a seperate window.
  • Hey Tom, re #6 bug 4650 should point to thruster ideas inc one about using Pig+thruster to make it global I think... and the lock!
    Cheers,
    Sam
  • This is not a good idea to use pig + Rate wheel for that, you don't have the hand to press on the Go keys !
  • Sam,

Bug #4650 is an umbrella for organizing our rate thruster defects and enhancements. There wasn't an enhancement open for specifying that the rate thruster affect all playbacks, so I opened that as enhancement #9520 and set the appropriate dependency with #4650.
  • Hi Amir,
    I can't quite remember but I think the idea was to use the pig key to make it a global rate thruter change, once 'thrusted you could release the pig key and press go... it would stay global till you released the thruster. The other idea in tandem was to use the key below the thruster to 'lock' it wherever you set it thus freeing both hands!I guess you could also reverse the modifier with an option so thruster was global unless used with pig, which would then make it only apply to the chosen master....

Tom, yes I realise that, I'm sure in one of those bugs were comments re a 'global thruster'... but maybe I am dreaming.
Related