New DL.2 Collage Software sneak preview

SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
edited June 2006 in DL.3/DL.2
Hey all,

We wanted to give everyone a sneak peek at what new toys we've been working on in the DL.2 Software for the next release.

We're adding a Collage Generator feature that allows seamless blending of multiple DL.2 fixtures of various array formats into a single large image. For example, this allows you to put 4 fixtures together and make a single giant 20K lumen image and manipulate everything as if it was a single fixture at that point.

The blending system we are using for this goes way beyond the basic edge fade manipulation that we've had in the software up until now. You can truly create a seamless blend in a few minutes time.

The video we've just posted demonstrating how this works and what can be done with it speaks for itself: http://creative.highend.com/splash/collageGeneratorSplash.html

We also have some preliminary information on how the Collage Generator feature functions using the DMX protocol: http://www.highend.com/pub/products/digital_lighting/dl2/docs/Collage%20generator.pdf

We're still several weeks off from a software release, but it's something to whet the appetite for what's to come... happy.gif

Comments

• stefstef Registered User
    edited May 2006
    Great news, when could we hope for the new beta release with collage
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2006
    Hopefully soon...there's a couple issues I want to get completed first.
    edited May 2006
    DO you think it will be ready to work for the end of june
  • FxDrewFxDrew Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Will the new Collage software work with the live s-video input?
    edited June 2006
    Yes, this does work with the S-video input and camera as well.
    edited June 2006
    please give us a beta test collage software........
  • SamlightSamlight Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Thats pretty darn cool Scott, congrats to all! Can you move the DL's and keep them together yet?
    edited June 2006
    You can move them around some as one large image....of course if you move it too much it will start to mess with the blending.

The precision and repeatability of the motion system is really good now so you can take the units move them around then have them all snap together nicely into a giant image....or move the giant image to another position or screen. You just need to adjust position and keystone to get a good blend at each point you stop it at.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2006
    :sasmokin: This is totally hot stuff!!

I can't wait to play...I may have to come visit TX again soon to get into this b/c I've got a big DL-2 job coming up in August.:headbang:

Think it'll be ready by then?
    edited June 2006
    Please, tell me if we could have a new version soon, I m tired to have filter message on my display, with clean filters.
    A beta version with collage for exemple
    Thank's
    Sef
    edited June 2006
    Marty,

Oh yeah, we should have it out before then. We're working hard to get a Beta version out within the next week hopefully.

Scott
  • FxDrewFxDrew Registered User
    edited June 2006
    How do the fixtures stay in sync with each other? Are you relying on the media file being played at the same start time on every fixture?
    edited June 2006
    Yes, currently it relies on starting the movie clips at the same time. We may do some more advanced things down the road but so far it has been working well.