- color

Could it be possible to make minus + color to get opposite color and minus + position to get opposite values to both pan and tilt at the same time.
  • What would you consider an opposite color if using CMY values or a color wheel slot? With HSI I could see moving directly across the color disc diametrically.

I get using minus for Pan & Tilt, as well as Gobo RPMs etc. but how do you see this working for color?

You can already get opposite Pan/Tilt values with FLIP, and you may have several FLIP options depending on the range of the fixture. (Keep selecting FLIP for more value sets):)
  • [quote=Marty Postma]What would you consider an opposite color if using CMY values or a color wheel slot? With HSI I could see moving directly across the color disc diametrically.
    exactly...would it be hard to calculate opposite color for CMY?

[quote=Marty Postma]
    You can already get opposite Pan/Tilt values with FLIP, and you may have several FLIP options depending on the range of the fixture. (Keep selecting FLIP for more value sets):)
    If you have pan 45 degrees and tilt 30 degrees -45 and -30 is not the same as flip... I have always thought after flip fixture should point to the same direction...
  • In Hog III the Flip option give you someting like 6 opposite's and one of them, like Marty sey, is the opposite of your corent value (+ > - )

Amir
  • Try pressing Flip a bunch of times and see what you get.;)

What would you consider opposite color in CMY? Chromatically opposite?

:33: I don't think that this will ever be possible b/c there is no calibration involved with CMY. Additionally there is such a HUGE difference in values between different fixtures and manufacturers, that it would not be consistent. You would probaly get very ugly results!

You know the shortcut for jumping to end-of-range values is holding down + and moving the encoder to either side might help you out here for saturated colors at least.

I do think it would work well though in HSI as I said earlier.
  • [quote=Marty Postma]Try pressing Flip a bunch of times and see what you get.;)

Hmmm...if I choose Studio Spot and put values 5 degrees pan and 5 for tilt after flip I get 185 and -5 is that the same as -5 and -5 ?
  • Nope. 355 and -5 would be equivalent to -5 and -5 because it's all based on 360 degrees of rotation.

Flip should never point the light in a different direction then it already is. It will attempt to find the pan and tilt value combinations that will cause the beam to hit the same point and are valid for the fixture.

Sometimes this does involve inverting one of the values (usually tilt), but you should never run into a case where flip takes you from 5 and 5 to -5 and -5. What may happen is that pan will spin 180 degrees and tilt will invert, which should keep the head pointed at the same place.
  • [quote=teerickson]Nope. 355 and -5 would be equivalent to -5 and -5 because it's all based on 360 degrees of rotation.

Flip should never point the light in a different direction then it already is. It will attempt to find the pan and tilt value combinations that will cause the beam to hit the same point and are valid for the fixture.

Sometimes this does involve inverting one of the values (usually tilt), but you should never run into a case where flip takes you from 5 and 5 to -5 and -5. What may happen is that pan will spin 180 degrees and tilt will invert, which should keep the head pointed at the same place.

That is how I have understood it also...and thats why I asked - & position, cause it's something different...

These features are not very important...it's just fun to ask things the intuitiveness of Hog3 brings to my mind...

If something works...why not try it this way. If - & wheel works...it kind of asks me to try - (&) position, color or even beam (though, it's pretty hard to find a good feature for beam)
  • [quote=Marty Postma]

What would you consider opposite color in CMY? Chromatically opposite?

Though there's no calibration...I would suggest something like this.

CMY values are transfered to HS values -> opposite color -> back to CMY values.

There might be something I don't understand, but I think the conversion could be based on DMX values.
Related