Request for TrackSpot Transformer Diagram

Hey there,

First of all, let me thank you for your oustanding library of resources for troubleshooting my Trackspot lights. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any information about the voltage selector switch and/or the power transformer.

I was having problems getting one of my Trackspots to stay powered on when I noticed a couple of odd things about the voltage selector switch:

At first, I thought the voltage selector may not have been sitting correctly because upon trying to turn the switch, I could get the light to power on for a couple of seconds;
then I realized that if I pushed the switch in and held it just right, the light would work until I released pressure on the switch;
after I got the thing to work for a minute or two (by holding in the switch), I couldn't get it to work again.So, I figured that it was most likely a worn out contact inside the selector or a spring that didn't have enough strength to make the contact work.

So I removed the voltage selector to find that the back of the voltage selector circuit card look charred, like it had shorted and burned one of traces off. I tried to repair the trace by soldering the two ends and reinstalling the switch, but it worked for a second or two then stopped again. Still, the fuse wasn't blowing, so I figured I was still safe to explore.

Again, the circuit card look as though it had been shorted and the trace connection was severed. When I opened the Voltage Selector, I realized that the reason the spring-loaded contacts weren't making their connection was because the contacts had melted into the selector housing and no spring in the world was gonna loosen them.

So then I decided to bypass the voltage selector completely and manually wire the transformer to see if the problem continued. I traced the wires and made the connections and now it just blows the fuse when I plug it in (for the power supply, not the mother board).

So I figure I have the transformer wired incorrectly (I'm hoping)

I have mapped continuity across the transformer and figured out which lines are my 120V input, but I am not sure about the windings or the secondary inputs.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. I wish I could afford to purchase a new selector and transformer, but alas I am strugglin' to get by as it is. So, although it may not be your preferred course of advice, I sure would appreciate it if you could help me figure this out, even if I have to use bubble-gum and paperclips to make it work.

Thanks in advance for your support, I eagerly await your response.

Best wishes,

Jase
Related