Flash -> to programmer

srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
I think there are consoles on the market which have the same kind of feature...

but in theatre enviroment it would be very useful if you could have for example an option for flash button...

Flash pressed -> intensity value goes directly to programmer and follows the fader until flash is released.
Flash released -> fader works normally

Comments

• srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2006
    Any thoughts? Anyone?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2006
    Not quite sure what you're asking for here.:confused:

You essentially want to send varying intensity info to the programmer via a fader? You can adjust intensities via encoder or I-wheel already, how is this better?

How can the fader work normally if values in the programmer are overriding it now?

Maybe give a practical example of what you had in mind.
    edited May 2006
    The situation is for example...
    I'm programming moving lights and LD has groups of front, side and back lights in his wing...this is naturally "on the fly" situation
    When LD presses flash he has control of the intensity of recorded group and when he releases flash the value is transfered to programmer...
  • amir877amir877 Registered User
    edited May 2006
    You can move the fader to the value you want and active the outpot (live, suck, tuch...)

Nice idia for a quick add value to programmer, but this will be much better when the macro's work so you can swich this Flash option on and off so you can get a simple flash and a "flash to programmer" option in a quick way.

Amir
    edited May 2006
    It would be so nice with macros, nice thinking!

I have used Live / Group # quite a lot to get the same result, but I have found it a bit too slow and tricky sometimes...
    edited May 2006
    "Suck" is the easiest way I would think.

ie Group 1 Suck

Will bring the values into the prgrammer.

Just make HTP masters for your LD on the wing that correspond to Groups and you'll be all set to go.:)

Additionally you can make a master inhibitive if you Move the Group directly onto an empty fader.;)

Live Suck will bring all active values into the Programmer (Like Active Enter on H2)

Live (Pallete) will bring any fixtures currently using that Pallete into the programmer

Same for Live (Value). ie Intensity value: Live 50%

There's plenty more info in the manual - Section 18: Advanced Programming.

Hope this is helpful:D
    edited May 2006
    Hi Marty, i know all the combination's with the Live key but what is the Live Enter do ??
    Its like Active Enter on the H2 ?

Amir
    edited May 2006
    "Suck" is the easiest way I would think.

ie Group 1 Suck

Will bring the values into the prgrammer.

Yep...but I don't want to bring zero values... and Live / Group # Suck is too much to type :p

Just make HTP masters for your LD on the wing that correspond to Groups and you'll be all set to go.:)

Additionally you can make a master inhibitive if you Move the Group directly onto an empty fader.;)

Yes...but that makes two sets of faders...and a nice mess by LD... :)
    edited May 2006
    amir877 wrote:
    Hi Marty, i know all the combination's with the Live key but what is the Live Enter do ??
    Its like Active Enter on the H2 ?

Amir
    Live Enter brings selection of outputting fixtures and Live Suck selection + values. (no default values)
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2006
    One addition to what Sami said:

Live enter will select all fixtures that are currently outputting an intensity above 0%, except for those fixtures who's intensity is controlled by Park.
    edited May 2006
    O.k. Thanks Sami and Tom
    Wow Sami i now see that your from finland, in a month from now you have that holiday, the longest day in the year or samething like that :)

Amir
    edited May 2006
    Yep...not the best time for outdoor lightshows :D
    edited May 2006
    Sami

I agree that two sets of faders (HTP and inhibitive) would be indeed messy!:aiwebs_007:

My only reason for mentioning it was that I've found that sometimes people prefer one over the other.:)
    edited May 2006
    Amir,

Just wanted to make sure you caught that the new syntax on H3 is Live Suck for the older H2 Active Enter:)
  • Akito.HAkito.H Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2006
    We can use the following syntaxes.

Live @ 0>Full Suck.

However,
    I feel that this syntax is long.

Thanks,
    Akito
    edited May 2006
    Like I have tried to say before this flash to programmer thing would allow to have "second programmer", which is usefull in fast on the fly situations. So, pressing flash would take full control of intensities recorded to that fader/cue and when you release the flash value is transfered to programmer...after that you only need to press Update...so this is like adding more intesity wheels...
    Though why not to make this work with IPCB also :)
  • SamlightSamlight Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Wouldn't [Live]+[Choose] do this?
    IE pull net values for the chosen master for fixtures above 0%, be it a group or playback, into an editor space where from record operations would be possible?
    Where as [Live][Suck] takes all programmed, [Live]+[Choose] would ony take that masters 'net' output into the programmer... (net because it may be consisting of inherent (group master) or programmed (List/Scene Master) contents).

I must confess I don't quite see how the flash key can inhabit such dual purpose comfortably, especially when there are better specific keys for such roles, the choose key is there for global playback modifiers and should then work with syntax copy/move, Live, thruster etc...
    edited June 2006
    [Live] + [Choose] could be a nice feature. But, I think in situations were you have a wing/wings and two operators on the same console it would be a bit tricky...