Overlay .jpg files to create alternate GUI

This is a method that I have been using on Hog4 PC for years but is not possible on a standard console. On a PC with the Hog4 GUI displayed on screen, it is then possible to overlay that with a .jpg image file that is visible to the user but is ignored by the pc. Nothing in that window can be selected , instead selections continue to be applied to the layer beneath it. I use a 3rd party transparency software to open the .jpg image in ghost mode to achieve this. Using this method a user can easily create a completely customized gui that suits their specific needs. Example: i have a pc running hog4 networked with another pc running Resolume. Via artnet, Hog4 triggers Resolume to output a specific video file. Those instructions are saved to a specific "scene" in Hog4. Let's say i have programmed 50 scenes to trigger 50 different content files in resolume. Hog4 does not allow me to import and attach image icons to those boxes within the pallet but I can create a .jpg image with a grid that exactly matches the displayed scene pallet and place a still image of the content that is being triggered into each square of that grid, then open that image in a ghost window on top of Hog4 so that all I see is a grid of image icons but when I click on one of the icons it actually selects a scene from the hog4 pallet beneath it and triggers resokume to display that content file. The uses for this method are limitless and the ability to create customized gui in this way or by another method with a similar result would be extremely useful on Hog4 consoles and unique in the lighting control software industry.