Help with Technobeam Error

readyornotreadyornot Registered User
edited September 2007 in HES Automated Lighting
Hello all, first post here.
I just received a used technobeam which never boots up. Upon power, all led segments light, but it will not go any further.

Advice and guidance are requested for this newbie.

Glenn

Comments

• SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2006
    There is a chance that the firmware in it got borked in a failed upgrade. Do you have another Technobeam around of the same vintage (i.e. same color strip/text on the side)?

If so, then you can try crossloading the firmware from one unit to another and see if that brings it back.

Scott
  • readyornotreadyornot Registered User
    edited May 2006
    Hey Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I tried XLD last night with interesting and disappointing results.

I XLD'ed about a dozen times with no apparent result, then the troubled fixture came to life, the display went through a normal startup including home etc. After a couple minutes of normal operation, I power cycled the unit to make sure the fix stayed, and it went back to being comatose. I tried XLDing another dozen or so times with no effect at all.

Does this help narrow possibilities? I'm thinking I have a board problem, but sure would like a fix thats less expensive than swapping out the mother board.

Any guidance is appreciated. Glenn
  • readyornotreadyornot Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Upon applying power, all LED segments light.

No boot, no nothing other than LED lit.

Help! Please!

Glenn
  • LightGuy48LightGuy48 Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Double-check the voltage/frequency switch settings. If set to 240v on 110v the unit will likely not boot.

If the voltage/frequency settings are correct it may be the crystal failed. I had a couple with similar issues.
  • jeeperjeeper Registered User
    edited September 2007
    I have the same thing happing, also my ac motor fuse blows as soon as power is applied. any clues would big a big help! also its a techno i