Color Command Lamps: 6981P = CLD or Not?

tbslytertbslyter Registered User, Hog Beta
edited May 2007 in HES Automated Lighting
Is the Philips Lamp 6981P speced for the Color Command the same as standard GLD? They both have the same base type and specs for 750-Watts / 3200K / 300 Hours. Just wondering as the GLD is a more common lamp that seems to be cheaper and easer to get in a pinch. Thanks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.

Comments

• TVBR StudiosTVBR Studios Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Is the Philips Lamp 6981P speced for the Color Command the same as standard GLD?

I have 36 units I need to replace bulbs in... :)
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited November 2006
    I used to have a big long email from someone explaining the difference between the lamps, but it got deleted by accident. Basically I believe there is a slight temperature change between them. But since I really had a tough time finding them and not too many people carry them in stock, I just went with the GLD because I can get it way easier.

Ryan
  • kool luukool luu Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I was told by a vendor that the Philips 6981P is discontinued. Is that true, or she just want to sell me the GE GLD?
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Any place I have looked have told me that they don't have them. I just gave up and ordered the other lamps. Since I am not doing any color critical mixing, I don't care much if I have the correct lamp. I really don't notice a difference between them in looking at them next to eachother. Plus the other is much easier to find and everyone carries those.

I think HES should have chosen a better lamp as their standard for this fixture since no one seems to have this or stock it.

Ryan